gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 11:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  A Story of Bars!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A Story of Bars!  (Read 577 times)

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
A Story of Bars!
« on: September 20, 2015, 12:05 PM »
So my survivor Laserlite that I built up last year came with some “interesting” bars – on the plus side they’re big and have a “Made in Japan” stamp but on the minus side they’re steel rather than chromoly and have some dodgy-looking welds! :2gunsfiring_v1:

On my recent trip to England I finally picked up the 2 pairs of bars that I’d bought on here to replace the above. Why two? Well the first choice was some NOS Wins which I subsequently decided were too small (even though I’d never seen them), so I replaced those with some much bigger, and more survivor-looking MCS pros. The Wins are now going on another bike, leaving the MCS Pros for the Laserlite.

I thought it would be interesting to compare them all before they go their separate ways so here they are, in descending order, the no-name, made in Japan steel bars, the NOS Wins and the MCS Pros. Check out the difference in size, shape and sweep:-

& here's one in descending order of size:-

From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: A Story of Bars!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 03:31 PM »
I had a pair of those MCS bars bitd, struggled to get on with them at first but a width reduction of about 2cm each side made a huge difference.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 05:50 PM »
Those bottom bars look quite large  :D

The middle bars remind me of Raleigh bars with the 'wrap-around' sweep and,

the top look awesome in shape, sweep, width and rise. They remind me of unstamped Kuwi bars  :daumenhoch:
BANNED

Offline andypatt444

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 08:11 PM »
How wide are the mcs pros?

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 03:24 AM »
Thanks for the comments guys! :daumenhoch:

The MCS pros are 28 3/4" wide with about a 9" rise. I put them on the Kuwi yesterday and they are definitely the biggest bars I've ever had. Tbh, I'm not sure whether I'd have gone for them bitd but now I love 'em!

As for the no-namers, I've been going around the houses with them since I got them. Here's a previous thread:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,170244.0.html

I wish they were early Kuwi ones but I'm not convinced as the welding's so shite! :2gunsfiring_v1:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  A Story of Bars!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx