gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 05:30 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  1983 Mongoose California Special
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 1983 Mongoose California Special  (Read 5734 times)

Offline Finny

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
1983 Mongoose California Special
« on: September 02, 2015, 08:23 PM »
This is almost finished, this is the exact bike that I was sponsored with by Geoff Wiles Cycles from Strood in Kent, Geoff added some extra parts on the bike, laid back seat post, mks grafight-x pedals, black tuffs, white walls  everything has been re-chromed, new stickers grips seat, pedals  hope you like!
-Finny
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 08:25 PM by Finny »

Offline Finny

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: 1983 Mongoose California Special
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 08:23 PM »
Another

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 08:31 PM »

Very nice.  :coolsmiley:

Offline Flitch

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 09:23 PM »
Looks lovely, nice build matey

Offline nitrohopper

• Site Supporter
  • Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 06:12 PM »
nice
build what u want if u like it then thats all that matters

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 08:55 AM »
Liking that lots, good to have history too  :4_17_5:

Geoff used to race with/against my old boss, Steve Heffernan bitd.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2015, 09:37 AM »
Lovely Bike? but am I missing something here? How is this a Freestyle bike?  ???

Offline Finny

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 07:02 PM »
Lovely Bike? but am I missing something here? How is this a Freestyle bike?  ???

Firstly it was used as a freestyle bike Not a race bike,  although it was only used by me in 83' as a freestyle bike, the f&f was my preferrence in 83' with all the other freestyle parts, Eddie Fiola used race Forks, race bars, does that mean his freestyle bike was actually a race bike?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 07:04 PM by Finny »

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 07:23 PM »
There was a period between the mid 70's and early 80's where folk used race bikes for freestyle because there was no freestyle specific bikes out there. Therefore you could say that all early race bikes were actually freestyle bikes but if that were the case the freestyle section would be full of race bikes only there because their owner says it's a freestyle bike when in actual fact it's a race bike.  ???
That's a race bike mate and should be in the OS race section... imho   :daumenhoch:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 08:51 PM »
Hey fella wasn't having a go? Its a real nice bike as I said just couldn't see the freestyle connection and it wasn't mentioned by you in the intro and then martyC says you (I assume you being Geoff  ???) that you used to race with his old boss?? so no mention of freestyle there either?  ??? but still a seet looking bike  :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 07:26 AM »
Looks cool, I'd stick some gold kool caps on though instead of the alloy ones as you've got new school graphites and can see the gold  :daumenhoch:

Offline Finny

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2015, 02:54 PM »
There was a period between the mid 70's and early 80's where folk used race bikes for freestyle because there was no freestyle specific bikes out there. Therefore you could say that all early race bikes were actually freestyle bikes but if that were the case the freestyle section would be full of race bikes only there because their owner says it's a freestyle bike when in actual fact it's a race bike.  ???
That's a race bike mate and should be in the OS race section... imho   :daumenhoch:

It would be against my religion to put it in the race section, only used it for freestyle as the f&f felt right for me, so it was "My" freestyle bike so that's why it's here, if mods want to change to race I'll just delete, this post!

Offline Finny

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2015, 02:56 PM »
Hey fella wasn't having a go? Its a real nice bike as I said just couldn't see the freestyle connection and it wasn't mentioned by you in the intro and then martyC says you (I assume you being Geoff  ???) that you used to race with his old boss?? so no mention of freestyle there either?  ??? but still a seet looking bike  :daumenhoch:

I know you wasn't mate, it was used as a freestyle bike with freestyle parts, I'm Jason Finn, Geoff wiles was a road bike racer who owned a bike shop!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 03:01 PM by Finny »

Offline Finny

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2015, 02:59 PM »
Looks cool, I'd stick some gold kool caps on though instead of the alloy ones as you've got new school graphites and can see the gold  :daumenhoch:

Those wheels are for my GT Delmar mate, I'm having my original alloy hubbed skyways restored, so these were all that was laying about👍

Offline Ady

• Flip-Whip
  • fin old..... they call me the silver fox
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2015, 06:53 PM »
That looks lush Finn.. 8)

ALL my bikes was freestyle BITD ...

The rebel I bought in `83 was advertised for race and freestyle...
My `82 ultra burner was my freestyle bike... ::)...

Real men have Dachshunds I have three / now two 😓 missing you../ back too three with a rescue dachie

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  1983 Mongoose California Special

gfxgfx
gfx gfx