gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 05:30 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  84 GT PRO PERFORMER kelloggs replica build
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 84 GT PRO PERFORMER kelloggs replica build  (Read 17520 times)

Offline Finny

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: 84 GT PRO PERFORMER kelloggs replica build
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2015, 10:56 PM »
Great build mate, looks fantastic, you must remember that everyone has different standard of builds and many debates on what was used, all I know is what was used on my Winterland, the hardest things to get on the winterland are the fat and skinny very very early gt tyres, I'v never seen these in any condition let alone nos, the Oakleys Ed used were .5s and then the forks ;) which are hens teeth, he also used 1st gen GT Framestanders for 84'  again rare as rocking Horse shite, and he used a 43T chainring👍 the cranks were profile cranks as well! Again depends on how anal you are, but looks like you won a bike medal build at MK so who am I saying any difference.....well done mate!
I have done an additional 3 more Fiola builds and there are different variants to each bike, so it's best to build a bike from a particular event or picture and go with that, me and Eddie have a 85' King of the skateparks with the 20x3/8 skinny wheels, Eddie was at my house last month and I had to tell him that he had wrong parts on his bike, so it shows you how he cannot remember everything he used, he signed my winterland and I took a video and he said it was a 85' bike lol but it's a 84' I'll get the link to the video, about 5 to 10 posts down.  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jason-Finn/519902628086739'ref=ts&fref=ts

All the best
Finny

Here are some pics of the parts
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 06:49 PM by Finny »

Offline kowalski74

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2015, 11:11 AM »
Lovely build Mr Dibbly!!

Finny it's cool that you know the legend that is Eddie  ;)

One thing that strikes me (especially after seeing your video) is that I think as enthusiasts, and the obvious sentimental
attachment we have to memories of childhood, is that I think maybe we care about the small details a little bit too much!
I'm not sure where i'm going with this, it's just that the man himself, who's bikes we all try and replicate, can't really tell what year the frame is, yet we are willing to pay whatever it takes to get the exact nos chain ring bolts for said bike!

Really it's just the difference in lives I guess, Eddie was that bit older, the pro, he did this day in day out(i'm sure it wasn't always fun)with different components given to him all the time, I suppose however cool it was, it was his job.

Me however I was 10, glued to my nan's tv looking at him like he was some kind of god(still do!)hence why I still love this stuff so much.

Anyway I don't know what that was all about...... back to the meds!!

Cracking build dwain   :daumenhoch:

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2015, 03:58 PM »
It was great to see this build in the flesh at MK... Stunning!  "wantit"
.... Oh and your dog wasn't half bad either!  ::)
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline Peanut

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2015, 04:00 PM »
That there's a nice bike  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  84 GT PRO PERFORMER kelloggs replica build

gfxgfx
gfx gfx