gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 07:30 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  ta xl's all chrome?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ta xl's all chrome?  (Read 930 times)

Offline kowalski74

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
ta xl's all chrome?
« on: August 27, 2015, 06:32 PM »
As above, did the 84 xl come in white and chrome or just chrome? Can't seem to find much info anywhere and there are quite a few white ones on the bmxmuseum

Thanks in advance

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
Re: ta xl's all chrome?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 07:26 PM »
As far as I know, XL's only came in chrome, and were all made in 1984. I think the confusion arises with the white ones, as many of the white ones had the decals fitted that said 'TA' at the end. I could be wrong though, but i'mm 99% sure that original XL's only came in chrome and were 84's. I already have an 84 TA in chrome, but it's a standard. I'd love an XL one  :smitten:

Offline kowalski74

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 08:08 PM »
As far as I know, XL's only came in chrome, and were all made in 1984. I think the confusion arises with the white ones, as many of the white ones had the decals fitted that said 'TA' at the end. I could be wrong though, but i'mm 99% sure that original XL's only came in chrome and were 84's. I already have an 84 TA in chrome, but it's a standard. I'd love an XL one  :smitten:

Thanks for the info, so its probably safe to assume that all the xl's I have seen in white are almost definitely
painted over chrome.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 08:11 PM »
Almost definitely?

Is that like definitely maybe?

Assume nowt. Could be stripped of chrome altogether and powdered, or the chrome is shot and it's been repaired and powdered....

Just don't be expecting a nice chrome bike under that whiteness!

Offline kowalski74

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 08:30 PM »

Didn't you know that was the original album title  ;)

After having a conversation with sbd today, I was actually hoping that the white ones were just that, he reckons chrome is a nightmare to strip and can hide a multitude of rot!

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 08:15 AM »

Didn't you know that was the original album title  ;)

After having a conversation with sbd today, I was actually hoping that the white ones were just that, he reckons chrome is a nightmare to strip and can hide a multitude of rot!
chrome is easy to strip, just take it to a chromers and they will strip it quite cheaply, i think i paid about £20 for the last frame i had stripped  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  ta xl's all chrome?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx