gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 09:19 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  how many of u rode gillingham skatepark?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: how many of u rode gillingham skatepark?  (Read 53987 times)

bmxmike

Re: how many of u rode gillingham skatepark?
« Reply #175 on: February 03, 2007, 07:55 PM »
look forward to seeing you all again.
long time eh.

trill

« Reply #176 on: February 03, 2007, 08:29 PM »
yer 15+ yrs for some of us, is marcel coming?

rory

« Reply #177 on: February 03, 2007, 08:34 PM »
 see you there , should be a good day .
does it mean theres gonna be a white bowl session !
id better wear a helmet  :(

bmxmike

« Reply #178 on: February 06, 2007, 11:02 PM »

reconise any faces?

Trev

« Reply #179 on: February 06, 2007, 11:08 PM »
joestup in the background??  i think....doesn't look like his bike though....

chrome andy

« Reply #180 on: February 06, 2007, 11:36 PM »
right crew...wrong skatepark...fookin magic see you guys again

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #181 on: February 06, 2007, 11:42 PM »
joestup in the background??  i think....doesn't look like his bike though....

Bertie  Small  :police:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

nosher70

« Reply #182 on: February 09, 2009, 07:22 PM »
hi, I used to ride the black lion around '84 to '87-I used to travel by train from snodland with andy wilson, chris farell,dingley(??) and steve from larkfield. I enjoyed getting RAFF out of bed to open "no softies" and the climb over the fence/digging out the gravel etc

I bought my streetbeat from raff (after jase hoad sold it to him in order to get his shiny chrome skyway) and my skyway was stolen twice in 1988 and i didnt get it back the second time. i bought my first bike in 20 years last saturday a pk ripper in black/gold.

i remember hoad,marcel but im sure i would remember all the others if i had fotos (soz i dont have any!)

good times, good park
 :)
what happened to gillingham skatepark.com?? no way of getting in touch now...argh!
best wishes
ash

bmxer4ever

« Reply #183 on: February 09, 2009, 09:01 PM »
Wow, just read all 13 pages of that!
Used to travel from Glasgow to visit G.L. and his mum ('Alright 'aggis?!') and ride the park - great place and I'm recognising a lot of names. I'd have been there in '86 I think, remember Hoads name, I'm sure I used to ride with him and Glynn when I came down.
As for the girls.......I think I remember them too.... :LolLolLolLol:

Talk about resurrecting a thread from the dead - this one's 2 years old!

G

lodge

« Reply #184 on: February 09, 2009, 09:07 PM »
haha i know one thing, Glyn was a right knob hound when it came to girls, charm the legs off a donkey seen him in action many times, he even tried it on with my sis once.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #185 on: February 09, 2009, 09:14 PM »
haha i know one thing, Glyn was a right knob hound when it came to girls, charm the legs off a donkey seen him in action many times, he even tried it on with my sis once.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest..... :LolLolLolLol:

welsh denny

« Reply #186 on: February 11, 2009, 11:16 PM »
i know glynn  was at koc in 1991. saw him rolling about on a bike but not really riding. heard he was a bailiff. and sure he and eric steels bro had a bit of fisticuffs that weekend  - that was the word going round.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #187 on: February 11, 2009, 11:31 PM »
i know glynn  was at koc in 1991. saw him rolling about on a bike but not really riding. heard he was a bailiff. and sure he and eric steels bro had a bit of fisticuffs that weekend  - that was the word going round.

He was ridin' and havin' fun in the res, Eric (not  Scott) started slaggin' him off about his 'Hoof' or some such nonsense (about his polio..) at the steps on the seafront and Glyn called him out on it. What happened next is anyones guess....
I would doubt a positive outcome for the Steel clan though...

G

Betsy

« Reply #188 on: June 02, 2009, 12:12 AM »
Just got through reading all the posts, great memories. My name is Steve I grew up in Chatham and Maidstone and watched them building Gillingham Skate Park.  I used to skate there in the 70s and 80s with my mates  John and Clive. Took a trip out to the States to see Billy Smith just found him again on Myspace. I have some photos including a good shot of Carter's Posse. When I've worked out how to scan them in, I'll upload them!

madall

« Reply #189 on: June 08, 2009, 04:05 PM »
We need to get Glynn Lewis on RAD, Wheres he at?

spud_dp

« Reply #190 on: April 08, 2010, 04:42 PM »
i rode black lion skate park from 85 - 87...

i used to have a pink dp freestyler that i bought from raf's, it changed colours many times after the paint started wearing thin

i used to do alot of ground tricks rather than bowl work but my main thing was hooking up in the blue bowl and surviving!!!!

i used to ride with marcel (who i went to school with), moose, mark (with a bronze special edition dp freestyler), paul who rode roller skates and in line skates (he stopped going when he landed on his face in the blue bowl), a ginger kid on a green dp and others that i cant remember

there were two guys from hoo, me and mark rode over there from walderslade to use their quarter pipe from bmx beat or something.  that was the first time i did a no handed cherrypicker in public  :)

i stopped going regularly after i broke my foot and destroyed my knee after one to many dices with death on the lip on the blue bowl (damn that thing was evil)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 06:35 PM by spud_dp »

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #191 on: April 09, 2010, 07:21 AM »
Just found this on MAS...

http://www.middle-age-shred.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6778&start=0

Never made it to Gillingham BITD... I did get to ride Wicksteed for a week every year though... David Chilly Childs ruled.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 07:23 AM by ED209 »
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #192 on: April 09, 2010, 07:24 AM »
another... same Smell of Death session

« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 07:28 AM by ED209 »

Dylan Thomas

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #193 on: April 09, 2010, 10:04 AM »
i rode black lion skate park from 85 - 87...

i used to have a pink dp freestyler that i bought from raf's, it changed colours many times after the paint started wearing thin

i used to do alot of ground tricks rather than bowl work but my main thing was hooking up in the blue bowl and surviving!!!!

i used to ride with marcel (who i went to school with), moose, mark (with a bronze special edition dp freestyler), paul who rode roller skates and in line skates (he stopped going when he landed on his face in the blue bowl), a ginger kid on a green dp and others that i cant remember

there were two guys from hoo, me and mark rode over there from walderslade to use their quarter pipe from bmx beat or something.  that was the first time i did a no handed cherrypicker in public  :)

i stopped going regularly after i broke my foot and destroyed my knee after one to many dices with death on the lip on the blue bowl (damn that thing was evil)

I used to ride there most summers...  I used to stay with Moose (Mark Bruce) or Glyn Lewis's mum.  I used to love that place I will definately ride there again if the dig it up.

palmer02

« Reply #194 on: August 10, 2010, 10:13 PM »
Hi y'all, I rode gillingham from around 1980 to its closure in 87 and remember Gary (H)ales, 1st Redline 'Proline) Darren gilchrist (Diamond Back) and yes even the Knight brothers, two P.K.'s red and blue, I never thought i would meet someone who remebered them, I'm sure they lived near Buckmore Park, Rochester. Who are you???????????????????I probably know you. I'm Simon I used to ride a red Torker and was about 12 when those two used to frequent-OLD SKOOL.
Yes Lewis was the best, he could air every single inch of Gillinghams perfect contours- even bowl to bowl transfers from snake to rez-how hard!!! Big air even for now. Have a pair of 1st Generation Profile cranks he gav eto me some years after- for resto project.
 Went to Gillingham the other day and it is NOT a car park- its just a field with all bowls in tact with only damage to half pipe walls and  lips of others. i know every inch of that place.
I Hope i dont offend anyone whan i say that Blacklion gillingham Skatepark was the best piece of concrete in UK ever, and made Rom and Harrow look like amateur polar bear enclosures. How many Parks had ultra smooth contours with not one, not one kink.
Please, Please, Please has anyone got photos????????? from all years both BMX and Skate??????????? email at avat19@dsl.pipex.com

Hi

I remember gary hales, rode with him a few times,when he lived in the pub near by...also Glynn and went to his house on numerous occasions
rode from around 1980 -83. had Haro freestyler,pk ripper,skyway tA..flight cranks and graphite skyways(gold hubs)
my name is matt ..
there used to be an old guy who took a lot of pics but lost all mine when i moved out of my mums

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #195 on: August 11, 2010, 07:53 AM »

ed 
dave was at MK, you could have touched him in your special way

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #196 on: August 19, 2010, 06:39 PM »
Dave who?

Dylan Thomas

fseoer2010

« Reply #197 on: August 20, 2010, 09:25 AM »
ME,too!  :fart:I skated it a couple of times but that don't really count as it wasn't on a bike 

TabletopTadman

« Reply #198 on: May 26, 2012, 06:48 PM »
i rode with Glynn Lewis, Hode, Mark Robson, justin and Moose.
from when i was thirteen to sixteen, i would ride from blue bell hill to gillingham and back on the same BMX,
i still ride a Bmx in my 40s  ;D,
i also rode harrow skatepark last summer,  :daumenhoch:
if any old school mates remember please contact

Offline adammannering

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #199 on: May 18, 2014, 06:56 AM »
yes used to ride there.  with lee norman, graeme jojnstone, chris balderstone, robin mannering, doug hyatt, jonny piers, paul marshall.knight bros..........a few of these chaps in my profile pic ! great great great long lovely days !
Wanted any condition pk ripper repop for my daily rider !

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  how many of u rode gillingham skatepark?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx