gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975645 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 06, 2024, 07:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  Your Week Leading Up To MK.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Your Week Leading Up To MK.  (Read 26554 times)

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
Re: Your Week Leading Up To MK.
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2015, 01:54 AM »
Sunday, I drove 5 hours to London, working here all week doing loft installs trying not to get lost. Dunno why but my company put me up a very classy hotel in a country estate in Windsor, its full of posh folk and I feel so out of place.

I am doing the work 2 of us usually do on my own. Really worn out. Friday I get to work the morning only then drive 5 hours back home. Saturday I am meant to be straight back up and a few hours drive back down to MK, I want to come so badly as it will be my first MK, but part of me wants to sleep for 2 days. Even the missus said although a weekend at home would do you good, the bmx weekend will be mega if you make the effort.

Don't be fookin gay Steve.

MK will blow your mind, end of mate. Do anything to get there, anything :coolsmiley:

I'm driving to Glasgow and back tomorrow if it makes you feel better. Already done a day in London, Birmingham and York this week (in motor) so by Friday I'll be knackered too, but Saturday morning I will be in MK and the world will be all sorted again as I will be with a bunch of like - minded idiots I haven't seen for a year :2funny:
Still limping......

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2015, 07:26 AM »
What he said Steve, if you can get there then you'll not be sorry  :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2015, 07:35 AM »
JUST ONE MORE SLEEP!  :D :D :D

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2015, 09:42 AM »

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2015, 01:24 PM »
What's sleep  :crazy2: to excited for that  :slayer:

Offline ammacopij72

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2015, 04:32 PM »
That's it, finished work for the week, it's MK-o-clock!! 

Might have a beer 'or two' tonight (just for practise you understand.....)

:daumenhoch: :bellend: :nuts:

Offline Gish

• 540 Air
  • who the fook are you lookin at !!!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2015, 04:49 PM »
That's me finished for the weekend  :slayer:

Taking the rider out for a quick spin to make sure all is ok then it's just a matter of getting things packed tomorrow ready for the 4am drive down on Saturday morning to join you crazy kids  :D
Ride it like its stolen

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2015, 05:29 PM »

Spent the day sorting chums tat out, never again

Offline Cleedubber

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2015, 05:58 PM »
PANIC NOW!!!!!

Junior borrowed the tent a month ago and has only just this evening confessed to loosing all the pegs and there are three slashes out of it.
And no gas for camping stove bottle I had turned out to be empty. and kettle looks to have been used for soaking BMX parts in petrol, don't remember doing it, but now Jaymz cappuccino bar needs serious help
At work tomorrow, so going to have to persuade stace to go to town with a shopping list of MK supplies, may not be on much for the rest of evening, gonna be rubbing shoulders and feet all evening!!

Dude, I'll be in my camper, plenty of gas if you need to cook grub or make a brew etc.
Also got a stash of heavy duty pegs , let me know if you need any, it's all getting packed tomorrow morning 😀

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2015, 06:00 PM »
Just been to Asda to sort out essentials (10 cans of Dark Fruits Strongbow). These will be getting steamed into tonight with some Asdagrog chasers, I won't sleep otherwise.

As long as there's 4 cans left for the chooch tomorrow.  :daumenhoch:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline stevepeanut

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2015, 06:22 PM »
Sunday, I drove 5 hours to London, working here all week doing loft installs trying not to get lost. Dunno why but my company put me up a very classy hotel in a country estate in Windsor, its full of posh folk and I feel so out of place.

I am doing the work 2 of us usually do on my own. Really worn out. Friday I get to work the morning only then drive 5 hours back home. Saturday I am meant to be straight back up and a few hours drive back down to MK, I want to come so badly as it will be my first MK, but part of me wants to sleep for 2 days. Even the missus said although a weekend at home would do you good, the bmx weekend will be mega if you make the effort.

Don't be fookin gay Steve.

MK will blow your mind, end of mate. Do anything to get there, anything :coolsmiley:

I'm driving to Glasgow and back tomorrow if it makes you feel better. Already done a day in London, Birmingham and York this week (in motor) so by Friday I'll be knackered too, but Saturday morning I will be in MK and the world will be all sorted again as I will be with a bunch of like - minded idiots I haven't seen for a year :2funny:

Just texting my lass back home. She's 50/50 on going, she's keen for us both to come but has put it down to me to decide depending on how wrecked I am feeling.

So anyways, we are coming. I've only got one job on the outskirts of London tomorrow so should be done by 10am and on my way home and back for mid afternoon. So I'll have plenty time to rest and get a good nights sleep before coming back down the m1 on Saturday.

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2015, 08:04 PM »
Wow what a bloody day..

Finished work at midday, had to take the dog for a walk before getting on with sorting my bikes and gear for MK.

Started bringing the first (1st of 11 bikes) bike down from the loft at 1.20pm (all my bikes are in bits in the loft), had to pump all the tyres up, then had to find the parts that belong to each bike.  Then had to put each bike together, put the chains on, find the pedals, then had stuff to put together for my bike display etc etc.

Then had to find all the stuff for the Dog and Duck (plastic glasses, ice buckets, beer towels etc) which again was somewhere in the loft.

Finally just finished at 8pm, now have a house full of bmx bikes awaiting loading onto the van tomorrow, oh yeah have to pick the van up at 9am, bring it home, load it up and get on the road to MK to help the other guys set the event up.

Cannot fooking wait  :slayer:

Offline steve69

• Flip-Whip
  • aka. Steve Changa
  • Rated:
« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2015, 09:20 PM »
I've got tomorrow off to get my shite together.
Not had much time to get things going due to work/lack of staff, luckily I finished the MK15 evening burn bins before I went away.

So the morning will be getting the monkeys out, giving them a freshen up, swapping tyres about and other items (every year I change them from the last but nobody notices ::)  ;D )
Whatever time is left between then and picking the hire van up at 3 will be spent cutting up the pallet mountain I've been saving.

************* Anyone who has spare room in their van/car and scraps of wood in their shed/garage, bring it along **************

Then it's off home to get my kit and head north. See you in the bar !!!

:daumenhoch:
If there's air in the tyres... it's a rider

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2015, 09:34 PM »
Monday and Tuesday went to Universal studio's and Islands of Adventure, Wednesday done some shopping. This morning went to Aquatica, bumped into Brettypeeps again. Going back to Islands of Adventure this afternoon. Going to Animal Kingdom tomorrow and flying home. Hope to make MK early afternoon on Saturday.

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2015, 12:22 AM »
Drove from Lyme Regis from my holy bobs today got back at 8pm
So just finished sorting the silver fox roadshow out for the 80s disco
Got bikes out loft
Ready to drive to Mk I the morn to set it up with the other loons

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2015, 12:30 AM »
Your all hardcore !!! I'll put my toothbrush in my pocket about 4pm Saturday . Call bargain booze for a bottle of vodka . Head to collect radman for about 6pm . See you all in the mist of it saturday night.

X
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 12:39 AM by crazycraig »
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

Offline stockcar3

• Curb Endo
  • Old School Haro 1982- 1989
    • https://www.facebook.com/richardaustinrees
  • Rated:
« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2015, 04:57 AM »
in June 2014 my love for BMX was renewed and i desperately wanted to build a bike for MK14. I bought a 84 Haro Master frame and forks for £200 from the states but alas it never arrived and ended up in that place where mislaid mail seems to end up !!!
So i had a whole year to build something special. When i was a kid all i wanted was Haro or a Skyway and since my time was very much 81-84 i thought i would build a TA.
So after 11 months of sourcing and buying parts from literally the four corners of the globe and one month of restoring and powder coating, here i am at 4.40am still putting the damn thing together with 24 hours to go !!!!!!!!
I must have built this bike 100 times differently in my head and i keep changing my mind. I have 6 different sets of damn tyres and 3 sets of Skyways ....and today after buying three sets of Skyway Graphites and all ending up 1/2 instead of the advertised 9/16 i ended up buying a good condition set of blue Shimano dxs, because i couldnt find any nos for less than £300......5 minutes after buying the good conditions ones for more than i think they are worth, i get a facebook PM ...."i hear you are looking for a NOS set of Dx's ...i got some . £200"  damn !! £350 on another 2 sets of pedals.
Anyway ...
Your week leading up to MK15 ...this is mine ha ha ...and im not even close lol
[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

it will be done...and on show with the Skyway Appreciation Society .
Looking forward to meeting many of you.
Richard Austin-Rees
Based in Exeter, Devon and London's West End but now living and working in Essex
Loving Haro 82 - 89

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #92 on: August 21, 2015, 05:18 AM »
Well the journey starts in a few hours for me. Orlando to Manchester, then to Wales to get my motor and lose the daughter. On to Peterborough to get some bikes and finally to MK to meet up with the Raddest bunch of guys on the planet. See you all Saturday at some point.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2015, 06:01 AM »
man that's a journey Brett  ;D

Just got up (who am i kidding, been awake all friggin night!) car was packed and washed last night so it's breakkie, shower, quick jim squeaky and off to get the gate open so Twobob can start the ramp build  :daumenhoch:

see you slaaaaaaaaaags later at the hotel  :daumenhoch:

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #94 on: August 21, 2015, 06:50 AM »
Been up all night too.  :crazy2:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #95 on: August 21, 2015, 07:40 AM »
Still haven't made it to the shed to find a bike  :crazy2:

Hopefully one of em is rideable, then it's an early night with the missus  :surprise:  and up for the road trip

See you bandits tomorrow  :-*
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #96 on: August 21, 2015, 08:15 AM »
Left Tokyo Monday. Arrived London Tuesday and got a bus down to Dorset Tues night. Picking up hire car this afternoon. Driving up to Bucks tomorrow (Sat) and aiming to get to MK on Sunday morning!

Do I win a prize for the most mileage or maybe some Radmiles?? :D
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2015, 08:30 AM »
Thanks to all that are making a massive effort to come to MK

brilliant :daumenhoch:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #98 on: August 21, 2015, 09:23 AM »
Still haven't made it back to somewhere random in Milton Keynes to find my bike.....

:LolLolLolLol:
Still limping......

Offline insectbones

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #99 on: August 21, 2015, 09:45 AM »
Thursday and Friday booked off.

Shopping for beer and stuff on Thursday morning, last minute checks on the bikes in the afternoon.

Two bikes still need building, so thats the evenings this week sorted.

Leave Friday morning somewhen, slow drive up and get there early afternoon, check in at the hotel and start drinking.......

Split from the bird last week, so one of you is getting bummed  :daumenhoch:

Forget the last sentence, new bird now, sack is emptied, no-ones getting an anal intrusion. See you tonight boys  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  Your Week Leading Up To MK.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx