gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 04:38 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Harrow Concrete Skatepark
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Harrow Concrete Skatepark  (Read 3805 times)

paul_harrow_mid80s

Re: Harrow Concrete Skatepark
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2009, 11:35 PM »
Bain ripped.I used to ride/skate Harrow for years.Bain was pretty good.Do you remember TC? He used to clear the fence out of the snake run..Rodney Allen was also cool,mad flat tables when "working" the bowls.I grew up with Dossett,he was pretty good on a bike before he started skating.Do you remember Yogi on his GT expert?

Yes Yogi was a mate of mine at the time. Rodney Allen that was it he sort of drifted away but I used to like his style.  I used to come up from Bushey either on my own or later with some skaters and rollerskaters. I would sometimes skate (badly) as well as ride. I seem to remember at that time we were the only skaters there along with a punk guy grover with a pink mohawk. Then Dosset turned up skating after not being around for a while (or maybe it was me) and suddenly he was pretty good on a board. I gave up the skating and BMX'ing about then but still kept an eye on the mags then I remember reading  Dossett had won an amateur vert comp he entered the person who wrote the piece was saying he was better than the pro's next comp I read about he was pro.

When everyone was riding I recall a few trips to Rom with loads of us on the train. Maybe also down Royal oak way. Things are muddy though.

All I know is I wish I never gave skating or BMX up.

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2009, 11:58 PM »
 :) Hi Matey,

TC was quite a legend,Rodney had a real smooth style.The punk guy,Grova =Darren Costelllo,he`s in his 40s now and runs a snowboard camp in Chamonix.I started skating at Harrow around 1980,then got a BMX in 81,but carried on skating until `92 and stuck with the bikes.There`s a few more Harrow guys on here,MartyC and BigScotty.I know Bushey as I used to live in Canons Park.Dossett got real good,but his pro carrer sort of went downhillafter a bad knee injury..

James

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2009, 12:04 AM »
Ha, Grover and his pink mohican, that brings back memories!!!  I'm still trying to find out what happened to Beaker and what he's up to these days.  Some of the other skaters you might have known would be Buz, Hoppy, Rodga and Mick.  Bains was rad on a bike but I think he started getting rad about the time I stopped riding, kind of like Grotbags (Paul Roberts).

Better to crash and burn than fade away

sweetbeats

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2009, 12:11 AM »
Great Pics Dave...loved a bit of argyle back in the day with matching burlington socks  ;)

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2009, 07:25 AM »

TC ?  YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYY

fooking w@nky photobucket is down at the minute, will get some of TC up later on his ta, harrow was the place to be when i was a kid, baines fooking ruler, he even showed eddie how its done at the GT world tour. the guy on the ta with a tuff in rear spoke up front was martin, smooth as fook had a spotless bike and a really nice chap, wonder whatever happened to him. little pete is in one of them photos at the far end of the pipe wearing a yellow top. i remember a geezer called rob, big chap, useless to come down on roller skates but could ride a bike too. and there was the guy on a skateboard who worked at a nut house and everytime he snapped the front of the board off he just moved the trucks back  ;D
also there was a guy called fcukanucen who borrowed my full face that i got for my birthday that day and tried to jump the fence, put a bloody big scare in my helmet, think it may have saved his life tho

will try get the photos up again tonight. i am sure i have posted them before on a thread somewhere

Lee Shurey

« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2009, 09:22 AM »
Who remembers casey a harrow legend from bitd 

Offline BUBBS

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2009, 01:17 PM »
There was a American guy that was riding between 83-84 that was doing masive click outs he would ride up the wall of the half pipe and jump out into the end of the half pipe it was a real bike recker if you mucked it up cant remeber the guys name, would go to harrow most weekends with Pete and the gang even used my luch box to bail out the bowls and the half pipe when they had water in them, I love Harrow what a top place really good memories, what ever happened to a guy called Martin who used to ride a Skyway TA he was really smooth, got a load of photos of harrow from back inthe day will get them put up.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 03:08 PM by BUBBS »

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2009, 06:50 PM »

tc

baines

Offline BUBBS

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2009, 09:50 PM »
Petes posted the photo,s I have got, the above photo's are of Tony on Skyway Ta, Pete jumping out of the snake, Mat Baines jumping out of the snake, Hugh on his PK Ripper in the bowls, Martin on his Skyway TA in the bowls, the long haired hippy in the back ground watching Tony on the Skyway TA is Barry and the white bike he is on his dad made, check the forks out on the photo of Mat Bains jumping out of the sanke, remeber it all like yesterday happy days.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 09:52 PM by BUBBS »

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2009, 10:47 PM »
i still aint rode it, i went there last summer but my thumb was broken  >:(

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2009, 10:47 PM »
 :) What forks are they on Bains bike-can`t see too clearly? From memory he used to run Bottemas???

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2009, 06:29 AM »
:) What forks are they on Bains bike-can`t see too clearly? From memory he used to run Bottemas???

o the fook ye baby

Offline Biggeorge

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2009, 12:01 PM »
Martin Thomas used to ride a ta there, hes been riding again for the last few years and learnt whips at 40!!
Rodney Allen still has a roll around from time to time, still got his 95 spoke wheels too!!
I rode Harrow from 1987ish to 2006 when i moved, still pop down for a pedal if im around!
rodney and john povah

john povah

me

1989ish

got some more pics, have to get them scanned!

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2009, 12:39 PM »
 :) Off-topic I know,did any of you guys ever ride the quarter at Payless DIY in Colindale,very early 80s?

peps1971

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2009, 03:32 PM »
me and my mates ued to get up at 5am to get to harrow before it got busy...  the four bowls are numbered 1 to 4 and poeple would shout what they were doing before they dropped in.. 2 to 3 through the gate, bowls working or bolox poppin out ;D ;D  it seems ridiculous now but thats what eveyone did....   the half pipe is gnarly its got no flat bottom...   i smashed my ankle there when i was about fifteen doin a 360 out of bowl 4, had to get a couple screws in it to fix me, ah those were the days ;D >:( ;D

I was at Harrow a few days ago and a couple of little scallies were still shouting 3 to 4  4 to 1 !!!
Was so funny!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Harrow Concrete Skatepark

gfxgfx
gfx gfx