gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:00 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Bar ID please ...... Haro / Vector ??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bar ID please ...... Haro / Vector ??  (Read 8590 times)

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
Bar ID please ...... Haro / Vector ??
« on: May 16, 2015, 10:02 PM »
Just taken these bars of a mates bike i have stripped down , not being a fan of this style of bar i know little about them . 

Are these the real deal or are they copies ?  There defo not the new re-issue ones as my mate has had them on his bike for the last 6/7 years .

The welds are very neat  8)

27" wide  10" rise ( measured centre of grip area down to centre of 'V' where the two tubes meet )

Any help would be appreciated  :daumenhoch:

Cheers
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Bar ID please ...... Haro / Vector ??
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 10:08 PM »
unless its the pic they look too narrow to be the real deal imo joffy woffy imo

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 10:13 PM »
unless its the pic they look too narrow to be the real deal imo joffy woffy imo

Crossbar measures just under 11 1/2 " weld to weld  Davey Wavey  :D  , does that help you , have you got a real set Dave  ???

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 10:18 PM »
yes but not next to me bruv  ;D
think they fake
nice tho

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 10:22 PM »
yes but not next to me bruv  ;D
think they fake
nice tho

::)   ...... that's not good enough Dave , Saturday nights should be spent cuddling your real set of Vector bars on the settee and providing me with the info i need  :D 

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 11:37 AM »
These are copies . I had a pair bitd . Very popular in the midlands. Pretty sure they were Rebel made in stourbridge .

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 12:11 PM »
These are copies . I had a pair bitd . Very popular in the midlands. Pretty sure they were Rebel made in stourbridge .

Cheers Steve , not doubting you at all but what is the difference between these and the real deal ? Never had a set of Vector bars to compare with and probably never will as i don't like them at all  :D 

We would just like to know exactly what im selling before i put them up for sale  ;)   The welds are really neat and they look well made bars . ie not something you usually associate with copies , so maybe the Rebel bit could be true  :-\ 

« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 12:34 PM by NORTY40 »

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Bar ID please ...... Haro / Vector ??
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 12:53 PM »
It's the geometry of the bars yours are the same as I had on the gen1 haro I used to go to ramp nights as Steve says they are the old haro copies  as Dave Brummie says too narrow at the bottom and the copies don't go out enough when put on a bike the copy bars sort of sweep back where as the real vectors go forward and the middle of the bars sort of bulge forward and the look a lot wider in the bike

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 10:15 AM »
It's the geometry of the bars yours are the same as I had on the gen1 haro I used to go to ramp nights as Steve says they are the old haro copies  as Dave Brummie says too narrow at the bottom and the copies don't go out enough when put on a bike the copy bars sort of sweep back where as the real vectors go forward and the middle of the bars sort of bulge forward and the look a lot wider in the bike

Couldn't of put it better . Bang on .

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 06:15 PM »
When I first bought my MRD expert bitd I bought a set of these and loved them . Everybody wanted them off me . In the end I relented and swapped for VDC pro monkey bars and a SR stem . Then everybody wanted them lol . But swapped for some genuine ones my mate bought . Came straight out the shop and on my bike to get my bars . Happy days . Loved my set up  :4_17_5:

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2015, 11:32 PM »
When I first bought my MRD expert bitd I bought a set of these and loved them . Everybody wanted them off me . In the end I relented and swapped for VDC pro monkey bars and a SR stem . Then everybody wanted them lol . But swapped for some genuine ones my mate bought . Came straight out the shop and on my bike to get my bars . Happy days . Loved my set up  :4_17_5:

I will swap them for VDC monkey bars Steve !! :LolLolLolLol:

Cheers Glen  :daumenhoch:

Thanks for all your help lads  :4_17_5:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2015, 01:38 PM »
So are these bad boys chromoly? & did anyone ever race with them, or were they strictly for freestyle?
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2015, 02:42 PM »
So are these bad boys chromoly? & did anyone ever race with them, or were they strictly for freestyle?

I'd say if they were Rebel made they probably are chromoly , the welds on them are really neat so they aren't sh1tters  :D There for sale if your interested in them  :daumenhoch:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 02:58 PM »
Yeah, I saw them in the for sale section and followed the link here! :daumenhoch: They look like good quality, era-correct bars and are certainly a cheaper alternative to the real thing!
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 03:16 PM »
Yeah, I saw them in the for sale section and followed the link here! :daumenhoch: They look like good quality, era-correct bars and are certainly a cheaper alternative to the real thing!

I agree , you could go out and buy the new re issue ones but at least you know with these they are genuine old school albeit not original .  My mate had them fitted to an 84 sport and they looked good . Personally im not their biggest fan , only because i prefer a stem/bar combo . :daumenhoch:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2015, 03:26 AM »
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the triangular-shaped Vector standard/pro bars but the Bob Haro replica ones look ok. So I guess you could call these an old school set of replica replicas!

Any chance of seeing a side view of them, ideally mounted but no worries if that's a pain in the neck. Thanks Joff! :daumenhoch:

Edit:- I've just noticed the bars on this Haro for sale - same ones perhaps?

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=182154.0
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 01:07 AM by Mikku »

Offline Low-Life

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 08:59 AM »
Hey guys i have a real set of these bars i know this as ive had them since the 80s  :D
my issue is that i seem to have misplaced the stem bolt and wedge.  :idiot2:
What i was hoping was someone here maybe able to tell me where i could buy them?
please please help me so i can put these on my supergoose :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Bar ID please ...... Haro / Vector ??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx