gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 04:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Anyone Thinking Of Buying A Repop Kashimax Aero....?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Anyone Thinking Of Buying A Repop Kashimax Aero....?  (Read 1779 times)

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Anyone Thinking Of Buying A Repop Kashimax Aero....?
« on: July 04, 2015, 11:44 AM »
....then don't get one from BMX Works in Oz.

Normally I get mine off Moonster (Japan) or Alan's, but Ian (Moonster) wasn't listing at the time, and Alan's have bumped the price up to £53 inc postage.

So, I ordered off BMX Works for £40.75, but have had a slip through the door from Parcelfarce telling me I owe £16 import duty, so I'd have been better off getting one from Alan's, and have it delivered to my door.  >:(

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
Re: Anyone Thinking Of Buying A Repop Kashimax Aero....?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 12:17 PM »
Just got exactly the same 16 quid charges this morning on a rotor that cost 26 quid including postage  :-\
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

rodriguez

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 12:35 PM »
Just got exactly the same 16 quid charges this morning on a rotor that cost 26 quid including postage  :-\

I'd query that Clint VAT on £26 is £5.20 not £8   :-\

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 12:58 PM »
That was my first thought  ???
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • RADBury 1st May (Bank Holiday Sunday)
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 03:33 PM »
I'm dreading my letter bought a vector unlimited freestyler from USA he's only gone and put $1500 as value on customs slip!!!!!  "nono"
Jono

Offline nosepickben

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 07:51 PM »
Holy schmoke! That's going to be a big bill..!!
I got a brand new frame from cheapgoods this week and the thoughtful seller put the value on at $35 so my bill including parcelforce's admin charge came to just £20. Well chuffed.

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 08:03 PM »
Why didn't you buy a Cinelli Unicanitor Dan  :-\ ???  Cheaper and not as common  8)

WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2015, 08:06 PM »
Why didn't you buy a Cinelli Unicanitor Dan  :-\ ???  Cheaper and not as common  8)

I know, I know, I should've listened Joff, after trying you too.  :crazy2:

I love a Kashi though.

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2015, 08:07 PM »

I'd query that Clint VAT on £26 is £5.20 not £8   :-\

I queried a bill i got and the guy said they take postage into account aswell when applying the charges  :-\ :(  ie you get done for import duty on the goods and the carriage , not sure how true that is as he didn't seem to know himself  ::)

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2015, 08:11 PM »

I know, I know, I should've listened Joff, after trying you too.  :crazy2:

I love a Kashi though.

:LolLolLolLol:  What swayed me was the fact the repo Kashi's aren't an 'old school' Blue imo whereas the Cinelli is  8) The new repo Red Kashi's are at least a good match for the originals .

I actually got my Blue Cheng Shins from BMX works , he wouldn't mark as a gift but did keep the value down so i didn't get stung . Did you ask them if they would send as a gift or put a lower value on it mate ?

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2015, 08:13 PM »
What I've just realised is, I've bought 3 sets of alloy rims from this seller, at £50 inc postage, 2 sets sent to anodiser chick, and one set sent to me, none of which incurred import duty charges.  :-\

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2015, 08:55 PM »
If the boxed saying merchandise was ticked on the declaration form instead of gift, it doesn't matter if it's  $5 or $5000 Guys, they will still hit you with VAT and £8 handling charge.

You were told correctly Joff. Postage costs is taken into account when measuring your charge. Fcuk knows why, postage is postage. But then Ebay do that too.
BANNED

Offline chubby

• BMX Nerd
  • Needs Pegs
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2015, 09:03 PM »
Seem people getting charged is on the increase recently  :-\
WANTED : 1" freestyle forks, uglier the better

Offline bigfatolly

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2015, 09:09 PM »
I have had a fair few things from the US including Motomags,tuff ones and bars and never been charged import duty once  :daumenhoch:

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2015, 09:12 PM »
Seem people getting charged is on the increase recently  :-\

Which is possibly why Alan's have stuck their price midway between Moonster and top end cost of buying from Oz including import tax  :-\

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2015, 09:48 PM »
I have had a fair few things from the US including Motomags,tuff ones and bars and never been charged import duty once  :daumenhoch:
Same here buddy. I have had untold parcels and packages, even weighing in at 24Lbs. Still no charges if it is labelled correctly.

I got charged once because the seller marked the declaration as 'merchandise'. To add to that, he doubled up on the shipping label, so my $70 callipers turned into $140 plus the shipping cost. They tried to extract another £50 from me for it. Luckily it got sorted in the end  :daumenhoch: 
BANNED

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2015, 08:23 AM »
Well it's not Mark's fault at OldschoolBMX.com more a fault of Customs and Revenue who are clearly raising revenue targets on Parcelforce who provide this service to them.  Check the customs label to see that they have identified it as because the Parcelforce people are not the most accurate at translating what the sender puts into what Customs and Revenue want to charge for.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2015, 08:59 AM »
If your parcel is declared as being £15 or over by a seller who lives outside of the EU your parcel will get pulled & held up in customs.

you'll pay VAT at 20% on :

1: the value of the item.
2: the postage cost.
3: the £8 Parcelforce service charge.  Combined...

Which means an item that you bought for e.g. £15 plus £10 postage could end up actually costing you £33 plus Vat = £39.60

It's a fooking joke but unlike most countries such as Australia where i think import tax comes in at items that cost $1000 thus country fooks us all from a poultry £15.00

I try as hard as possible when buying anything to get the sellers to de-value the cost of the goods when they post , usually it means they also cant insure it for the full value either as customs will look at this & see you're pulling a fast one.  So theres risks if anything goes missing or gets damaged .. but thats the gamble...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Anyone Thinking Of Buying A Repop Kashimax Aero....?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx