gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 03:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  another frame binned
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: another frame binned  (Read 894 times)

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
another frame binned
« on: June 12, 2015, 08:49 AM »
i was speaking to a mate a few weeks ago and he was saying he wanted to get back into riding again after 20 years so he could go to the skatepark with his boys. he split from his wife and moved house so used his dads garage to store a lot of stuff until he got everything sorted, he mentioned he still had his old haro sport frame in his dads garage that i had sold him years ago but it was cracked in a couple of places, i said i wouldnt mind it back to restore and that i would build him a modern bmx for him to ride. he went round to his dads yesterday to clear out the garage and couldnt find it so he asked his dad if he had seen it, he said when he moved all his stuff in he had thrown all the old crap out.  :2gunsfiring_v1: haro sport frame, kneesavers, cranks and some other old bits. my mate was raging, it had sat there for 20 years untouched.

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: another frame binned
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 11:56 AM »
The bin is the best place for a Haro (ducks & runs for cover!!!)
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 11:58 AM »
I bet it was signed too...
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline popedante

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 12:01 PM »
I bet it was signed too...

.....no it was a rare one ( not signed by bob ) 

Offline nosepickben

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 12:49 PM »
The bin is the best place for a Haro (ducks & runs for cover!!!)

Agreed. Please print the guys address so we can post a letter of thanks.

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 07:49 AM »
ignore the  :bellend:'s  ;)

Same thing happened to my mate with his DP ... parents moved house and told him to come and get his bike as they had left it 'down the side of the house' for him ... he went to get it and some other lucky bastard had got there first. Fully tricked out DP with Ladder bars etc which had sat in the garage for 25 years.

Theres something about that feeling you get when you know its gone and there nothing you can do to get it back ... happens with 'binned' things and 'stolen' things ... your mind races ... hoping to bend the reality of the situation to your will ... all you get is a hollow feeling.

:'(
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2015, 08:11 AM »
he couldn't believe it sat there for 20 years and when he eventually went to get it, it had been thrown out just a couple of weeks before. he's happier now though, i just built him a bike, a s&m laf frame with all my old parts. says he can't wait to get back out on it.

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2015, 08:31 AM »
I know how he feels..
When I first thought about old school Bmx also new my night burner (don't laugh) with red skyways / laserlite bars / DX pedals / laserlite seat post and other bits on it.. Plus bags of other pedals And about 6 sets of pro class rims and tyres/ renthal bars that were all given to me from the Jarvis family and many other parts that I used to swap with Winnie Wright (RIP Winnie) had gone.. I now know that my sisters X did the loft insulation and he's the number one suspect for having my gear.. My mum didn't think it was a big deal, till I told her that her dad, my grandad bought me it.. She'd had forgot. I could see she was bit upset with herself. Turns out the X collected and kind of old bike bits and asked her if she wanted all the old crap from the attic cleared out..😞
But then I was still stupid enough to sell my complete ammaco race bike the belonged to one of the Llewelyn brothers for £50 and it was fully loaded.. (I'm a twat)👍
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 03:07 PM by Pooch »
Griff loves BUM..

Offline snoopy72

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2015, 09:32 AM »
I had a pair of mint GT pro bars with OG decals, un knurled from around 84 hanging up in my dads shed, I got home from work one evening and my Nan was outside testing out her scooter ,she said today your dad has converted my  throttle from a lever to a twist throttle.
Thought that was pretty cool until I went into the shed and discovered that the left side of my GT bars were now 6 inches shorter  "bump"
I kicked up a right stink, he could have phoned me to ask,  shortly afterwards he did replaced them for a set of hutch bars though :coolsmiley: an expensive piece of tube.
My nan was chuffed to nuts with her cro-moly throttle unit :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 09:51 AM by snoopy72 »

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2015, 11:19 AM »
My step dad did that, had a new shed built, threw everything in the old one out; wheels, cranks, a frame, two pairs of forks, stems, brakes, almost everything I had kept from bitd was in that shed and it was all gone in the mid 90's  :2gunsfiring_v1:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  another frame binned

gfxgfx
gfx gfx