gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:20 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Redline Cranks For An Aerospeed Disc
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Redline Cranks For An Aerospeed Disc  (Read 1146 times)

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Redline Cranks For An Aerospeed Disc
« on: April 03, 2015, 09:45 AM »
Guys, I'm dipping my toe in the 3 piece crank pool, I never use them on the 80s and haven't this time around.

I want to know what Redline cranks would suit my Pro Racer, bearing in mind I'm running an Aerospeed disc, also what BB do I need?

Any help would be great.

Cheers in advance.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline bigger than jesus

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Re: Redline Cranks For An Aerospeed Disc
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 10:27 AM »
401's are the babies to use. Surely wether it's a Hutch disc or a generic disc, they'll still fit. You may need a 19-22mm top hat washer though.
Bearings wise, they should come with a crank set up if you can find one.
If you're going down the twin pinch route then bearings are sold seperately from the arms. Personally for a Hutch build i would look for 401's.

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 10:39 AM »
401's are the babies to use. Surely wether it's a Hutch disc or a generic disc, they'll still fit. You may need a 19-22mm top hat washer though.
Bearings wise, they should come with a crank set up if you can find one.
If you're going down the twin pinch route then bearings are sold seperately from the arms. Personally for a Hutch build i would look for 401's.

Brilliant, great info. Thanks.  :daumenhoch:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 07:47 PM »
Do you have a budget in mind Dan? Although neither of these options are cheap, Johnny Chopper (Gary) makes some amazing Hutch box cranks (same as the profile anniversary cranks without the decal indent) - you can find him on facebook.

The Profile anniversary cranks are amazing too

http://planetbmx.com/shop/bike-components-parts/cranks/profile-limited-edition-40th-anniversary-box-crank-re-release.html

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Profile-Racing-Cranks-40th-Anniversary-Vintage-Box-Set-Old-School-BMX-MTB-NEW-/221364759151?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item338a5e2a6f

Like I say, certainly not cheap but they look cool and have a good re-sale value. Both run using a standard Profile spindle/bottom bracket, so easy to set up and to buy replacement parts if/when needed

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Redline Cranks For An Aerospeed Disc

gfxgfx
gfx gfx