gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 05:52 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  winstanleys talk shit
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: winstanleys talk shit  (Read 3858 times)

mantadave

winstanleys talk shit
« on: August 29, 2006, 05:01 PM »
Ride mag haro sport 2006 advert are only 179. i orderd one then they ring me up and say there 212 who is in the right me or them  :(

retrorider.u.k

Re: winstanleys talk shit
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 05:04 PM »
why are people still buying from this outfit !  :shocked:  :idiot2:

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 05:05 PM »
because they promised us they were sorting their shit out....evidentally not.

Dave
haro, how do you do

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 05:07 PM »
If its advertised for that , it has to be sold for that , thats the law

its called false advertising

again hit trading standards with mispriced and misleading advertising , this will then get them into trouble and possibly a fine  :angel:

which to be fair is only too right as they are a bunch of useless idiots , and need to be hit where it hurts

in fact i will call trading standards as well as the more that phone up the more hassle it will cause
tell me where the advert is and let me know whinstanleys address

as the local trading standards are the best to hit

I thanka you

Rich

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 05:11 PM »
It wasn't advertised ex-vat was it?

slowpoke24

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 05:15 PM »
Yeah, double check that small print m8 !!

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 05:23 PM »
£179.00 plus vat at 17.5% = £209.15 so that cant be it
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 05:24 PM »
And I dont think you can advertise Ex Vat unless its an advert for the trade

mantadave

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006, 05:31 PM »
  They told me £212 when he rang back the number is 01942 707646

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2006, 05:50 PM »
Says 219.99 on their site.

macmark

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2006, 05:52 PM »
It does say in their disclaimer (top left of first page of the ad) "We cannot be held responsible for any pricing errors or descriptions". Might be best to give trade descriptions a call to clear things up. I had a similar thing when I went to buy my last motorbike. I saw an ad in Motorcycle News saying they were doing the 600 Ninja for £4995 on finance, went to the shop and they said there was a printing error and couldn't do it for that price. After a long discussion and a few calls to head office the guy came back with a deal with finance that wasn't much over, I think I paid £5395 with extras in all.

£212 doesn't sound too bad for the Sport, aren't they normally £239+ anyway? Try your luck though. I thought ads had to say exluding EO&E (Excluding Omissions and Errors) for them to be covered but maybe their disclaimer covers that. Call your local Trading Standards office and double check. :daumenhoch:

Mark

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2006, 06:06 PM »
Even with the disclaimer they make about 40% profit, more than enough room in the price to keep the customer happy, terrible customer relations

WizardWeb

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2006, 07:45 PM »
I saw that ad too and thought about ordering one. Looked on their site and saw the higher price, then remembered the posts here. That put me off the whole idea. I'll wait for the retro Gen 1 and buy from custom riders.

Speaking of which any photo's on that one yet?

Offline Stace

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2006, 07:52 PM »
They got some decals I want.....Shouldn't I order then????

http://www.winstanleysbmx.com/index.html?pageTitle=Haro_Blammo_Sticker_Set_2000&pageDesc=Excellent_Retro_frame_sticker_set&action=detail&maincatID=0&catID=&prodID=4268&brandID=

Anyone else know where I can get them??? or do you think they'll be OK for a sheet of stickers??

Cheers (& Sorry to Hijack  ;) )

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2006, 09:50 PM »
Lots of people would advise you to stay well clear

and I would say complain to trading standards

its bollox that an outfit can advertise for less than they are selling it for , whats the point it just pizzes people off and is quite frankly a school boy error , out of principle i would just let them go at that price as punishment for being stupid enough not to check the proof of the advert for errors

yoy soon learn who to buy from , and time and time again they just cant get it right

Rich

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2006, 09:52 PM »
PK RIPPER 1982 NOS BALL BURNISHED £ 29.99

call winstanleys

dj_benice

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2006, 10:04 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:  stop that I nearly got wood, could have been costly am on laptop at minute!!!!!!

Gail

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2006, 04:22 PM »
To all Radbmx users who have posted on this topic.

A response to the advert regarding Haros.

This was a genuine error, Haro originally gave us the retail price of £179.99.  When they released the official pricing, it went up to £249.99.  We discounted them to £219.99 to offer customers a good deal.

These bikes are now priced at £219.99.  However, we will honour the price of £179.99 if anyone wants to order (the website price will stay the same as Haro don’t want us to discount anymore).  The price will go up in the next issue of Ride as per the website.

Can I also say that I check out these forums regularly and deal with individual comments by contacting the person who has posted.  To date I have only received replys from Moderators and Admin users, and have asked them to contact me directly - of which a couple have.

Again, I will listen and take on board each individual comment but you have got to meet me halfway and respond or call me!!

To re-iterate - if anyone would like one of these bikes at the price of £179.99 then please contact Gail Dawson, Customer Service Manager on 01942 707646 - I will deal with you personally.

Also, if anyone else has anything to add in the way of feedback about our service then please call me or email me personally at returns@winstanleysbikes.com.  I do check out this forum from time to time, I would like to check it out everyday but workload prevents this at this time. 

Lets resolve these issues once and for all.  It sounds like you all have shopped here and have had bad experiences !!  Cant solve your problems and put things right if you do not respond to me!!

Best wishes

Gail

NYSoul

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2006, 04:43 PM »

Lets resolve these issues once and for all.  It sounds like you all have shopped here and have had bad experiences !!  Cant solve your problems and put things right if you do not respond to me!!

Best wishes

Gail

To be fair Gail, at the end of the last topic about the great company you work for, I posted a full story and my mates name and number. You have not been in touch with him to put things right.

NYSoul

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2006, 04:48 PM »
My mate at work ordered some bars and some brake levers for his little brothers bike. They were ordered from Winstanleys website, they took 3 days to get here and when they arrived they were wrong.
The bars were not what he had asked for (he wanted 4 peice haro copys and got something that looked like late 80's GT copys) and the brake levers were both lefts. He phoned the shop in the morning to tell them and was told "The person you need to speak to is too busy". This carried on all morning so he sent some emails, they were ignored and he never got through to them on that day. He phoned the morning after and got to talk to the person he needed to.
They said to him he must have made a mistake when he ordered (bit odd as the part number on the packet for the bars did not match the invoice), it took 20 minutes of arguing on the phone to sort the bars. They also said he could put the brake lever on as they were non sided, this was also odd as the packet has 2 boxes on for ticking "LEFT" or "RIGHT", even after they discovered this was true they tried to say he could put it on upside down.

They were sent back (which they tried to charge him postage for) and when they got there they phoned up and said........ You can not have a credit as you did not wrap the bars up and they have been damaged in the post. The pars were sent back in the same packaging as Winstanleys had sent them to him.

There you go Gail, saved you looking for it. His name is Matt and you can get him on 02392 657836. I am sure he would love to know what went wrong :)

Offline Stace

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2006, 04:55 PM »
Gail,

I've mailed you on the winstanley address.

Thanks
Stace

Offline Bananaman

• BMX Nerd
  • Le Mans Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2006, 05:05 PM »
Are these Sports any good?, I love a bargain :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2006, 06:17 PM »
Are these Sports any good?, I love a bargain :LolLolLolLol:

A few of us have them, they are a nice collectors piece and folks like Phil ride one as their daily bike - At £179 I would definately grab one while you can.

I've put mine back to standard spec now, but here it is a retro replica:

ArmaGeddon

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2006, 08:52 PM »
winstanleys are shite they advertize they got the goods but they dont hold shit in stock.they tell ya yep 2 weeks then take ya doe then phone the distributer then its anyones guess when you get it .EXPECT  8 TO 10 WEEKS . also they will tell you after many phone calls would you like something else . as i say they are full of shite .............. burn in hell . my boy H waited at the door for like 3 months for his padding and we ordered them well in time for his birthday as the woman on the phone promised ,  yes they will be with you within 2 weeks  bloody liar . you gotta be mad to use them there are so many bike shops you can use that will realy help you not frustrate you.

trill

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2006, 09:46 PM »
i would'nt even bother ringing them, ive tried many times and know other people also that get "can u call back in half an hour"or " we'll call u back" and never do. go elsewhere ,waste of time. try cyclone they can normally get most stuff in 4 u.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  winstanleys talk shit

gfxgfx
gfx gfx