gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 08:20 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Starting 1995 GT Fueler - Chrome or Powdercoat and Decals help
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Starting 1995 GT Fueler - Chrome or Powdercoat and Decals help  (Read 3285 times)

Offline tatsunoko

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Am in the process of taking delivers of a 1995 Fueler frame and forks in less than survivor condition (I think there's a very weak pulse there..) :buck2:

So, if the chrome and decals are completely shot, has anyone got a recommendation of an Essex based company that can re chrome to a standard that isn't astronomical in cost, but gives a good finish (though I know you get what you pay for!).

Otherwise, I think it will be a chrome powercoat, which I have used before and whilst doesn't give the deep chrome shine, I have found on other bikes, has given a great bang for buck.

Now do decide to a true period restore or a Neo-retro rest with modern parts....

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
Re: Starting 1995 GT Fueler - Chrome or Powdercoat and Decals help
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 03:15 PM »
Hockley are based in essex iirc and they have been used by quite a few people on here before

Try and keep it og as possible

They were first released in 94 as a frame, fork, stem, headset, brake, seatpost and clamp package

Being a 95 means it was most probably a complete bike

http://issuu.com/pharv85/docs/gt-dyno_1995

I had a 94 one when they first came out and loved it, currently got this early 95 one which are exactly the same as the 94's (subtle changes were made in late 95)

rodriguez

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 03:16 PM »
Chrome will cost you an arm and a leg and very often it's only as good as the metal underneath unless you want to pay a complete fortune.

If your in Essex you'll be close to SBD who does a lot of work for fellas on the BMX scene, you can have a look at his work here.

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56789.0.html

Offline tatsunoko

• Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 03:43 PM »
Cheers for the pointers. Will check out SBD when the frame arrives (and if the chrome is beyond repair). Now to find some decals!

Offline kayla

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 09:33 AM »
My '95, I bought it as a very good frame without forks so bought some Landing Gears and a '99 Pro Series to strip for parts- I'm not massively fussed about correct correct bits but it's nice to have period-ish parts on it- if I'd owned it BITD it might have ended up with '99 parts on it anyway...

I think they'd look good coated gloss black with chrome forks and OE stickers.

Offline tatsunoko

• Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 12:30 PM »
Great couple of Fuelers there Kayla and Kev-s - gives me something to aim for.

Hope the frame and forks will come next week.

I think actually they are a 1996 version (the wings on the downtube are white and the fueler logo is a little more square, rather then the 1994/95 version.

Having a real problem finding anyone with decals :( (even a scan so I can commission some would be good!)

Offline EDBANGER

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 01:01 PM »
I remember salivating over this bike in the Ride magazines back in 95.

Offline tatsunoko

• Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 08:13 PM »
Cheers for the decal link, but no joy. I guess I have to keep checking ebay and the forums!

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 09:37 PM »
I have decals and a rare Fueler pad set. Technically they arent items Im really looking to shift, but everything has a price...  ;)  :D

If you are interested drop me a PM and I will send you pics.  :daumenhoch:
***Wanted - Cash waiting***
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Starting 1995 GT Fueler - Chrome or Powdercoat and Decals help

gfxgfx
gfx gfx