gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 03:39 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  GT Pro advice?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: GT Pro advice?  (Read 1552 times)

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: GT Pro advice?
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2015, 09:47 PM »

Great thanks chaps.  :)

Offline senzo milano

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2015, 09:47 PM »
Pay more for a good chrome one.  :daumenhoch:

Don't buy a recoated one unless you really know the seller, I would apply this logic to any frame but GTs especially.  :daumenhoch:

Why is that  :)

They are prone to the seat tube rusting from the inside out because there is no hole in the bottom bracket to allow water to drain or the seat tube to breath.

As one of if not the best race frame they often took a shocking beating and the drops are often splayed and badly repaired under new paint or powder.

So these are populair , but not the best quality   ;)
Big bobbles ,no troubles

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2015, 09:52 PM »

Always liked the ones I have seen on here. Never had one but I fancy a new rider for the summer.  :)

rodriguez

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2015, 12:26 AM »

Don't buy a recoated one unless you really know the seller, I would apply this logic to any frame but GTs especially.  :daumenhoch:

They are prone to the seat tube rusting from the inside out because there is no hole in the bottom bracket to allow water to drain or the seat tube to breath.

As one of if not the best race frame they often took a shocking beating and the drops are often splayed and badly repaired under new paint or powder.

Excellent quality, great riding frame and could take a hell of a beating but at the end of the day most of these old frames have achilles heels which age exploits, not having a hole at the bottom of the seat tube was a design flaw IMO.

If I was in the market for any frame I wouldn't buy one that has been refinished unless the project was documented with pics, with og chrome it's easier to see if a frame has had a hard life.

Popular with iffy quality is Hutch territory.

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2015, 09:21 AM »

Excellent quality, great riding frame and could take a hell of a beating but at the end of the day most of these old frames have achilles heels which age exploits, not having a hole at the bottom of the seat tube was a design flaw IMO.

If I was in the market for any frame I wouldn't buy one that has been refinished unless the project was documented with pics, with og chrome it's easier to see if a frame has had a hard life.

good quality frames that as has been said rode well and cantake a beating better than most (especialy hutch)  :daumenhoch:
thats a gt PRO i'm on in my avatar, i thrashed the hell out of it at Rom with no problems  :)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 09:23 AM by 58 delray »

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2015, 10:14 AM »
I've got 7 of the feckers!
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2015, 08:19 PM »
Nice Air  8)

good quality frames that as has been said rode well and cantake a beating better than most (especialy hutch)  :daumenhoch:
thats a gt PRO i'm on in my avatar, i thrashed the hell out of it at Rom with no problems  :)

Offline Hmoon27

• Look Back
  • There's only one path to follow....
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2015, 12:22 AM »
They were also prone to cracking around the top of the seat post tube , where the rear end fixes.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  GT Pro advice?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx