gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 09:36 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Selling a one off
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Selling a one off  (Read 3850 times)

Offline snoopy72

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Selling a one off
« on: August 05, 2015, 07:03 PM »
I can't understand why this bike hasn't been snapped up, all the parts are NOS and not restored parts, i've gone as low as I can with the price, all I can think is it may have to be looked at in the flesh to appreciate it.
 I've asked myself, would I want to commit myself to dibbing for a bike at £2000 before seeing it, probably not but all I can say is that it's faultless and the lucky person that owns it will be over the moon, but you only have my word for it.
Could also be seeming over desperate to sell it and that's only because I need to purchase a one off part from Japan for another project and the item will be ending production very soon, it's nothing to do with bmx.

Any comments on this would be helpful to finding this bike a new home, I don't want to put it on ebay, rather sell it to a true bmx enthusiast on here or retro-goose.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 08:00 PM by snoopy72 »

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
Re: Selling a one off
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 07:16 PM »
MK probably holds the answers you seek young padawan  ;)
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline snoopy72

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 07:25 PM »
Can't make MK

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 08:55 PM »
Its an amazing bike mate but I just don't think people have 2k to spend  ???

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 09:08 PM »
You can't knock ebay as a selling platform ... everyone on here regularly goes on ebay.

If you want it to find a new home then Ebay really is the way ... or BMX museum?
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 09:08 PM »
Is there anyone local to you who could take it to MK for you?  :-\

As said you could try the Museum or ebay!  :-\

:daumenhoch:

Can't make MK

Offline snoopy72

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 09:12 PM »
Its an amazing bike mate but I just don't think people have 2k to spend  ???
Maybe the time of year ? can't see it being the cost as it's half what it cost to build, and their are peeps that own many bikes and spent thousands on this hobby.

Ebay I will have problems with 10% of the sale and 4% paypal.

The museum will mean posting it and the risk damage or loosing the money and the bike.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 09:25 PM by snoopy72 »

Offline Bfellows

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2015, 09:28 PM »
Things are slow on sales at the moment - summer holidays, DIY, etc swallowing up the paypal tokens?
You always need a cheese option......

griff

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 09:56 PM »
It is a very lovely, well engineered thing - no question about it. But the fact that it was such a personal, one off creation means that it by definition will be a niche item rather than something with mainstream appeal.
It's a real shame that you can't keep it, but your best bet to sell it would be to cast your net wide until you find someone with deep enough pockets - good luck mate  :daumenhoch:

Offline Ady

• Flip-Whip
  • fin old..... they call me the silver fox
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2015, 10:02 PM »
I have opened a thread on the museum section under custom bikes listing its up for sale .
I would have bought it myself but an expensive hols just booked...
as posted people have booked hols or out with kids .
Could you get your item you planning to get on a interest free card and sell it around Christmas time .

Real men have Dachshunds I have three / now two 😓 missing you../ back too three with a rescue dachie

Offline snoopy72

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2015, 11:24 PM »
Thanks guys for all your input :daumenhoch:

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • RADBury 1st May (Bank Holiday Sunday)
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 12:43 AM »
You considered a bonus ball raffle on it, £40 a ticket 49 tickets gets you £1950, I for one would buy one, Dan Jackson did it and worked Out well
Jono

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 03:48 AM »
You considered a bonus ball raffle on it, £40 a ticket 49 tickets gets you £1950, I for one would buy one, Dan Jackson did it and worked Out well

That's a bloody good idea if you ask me! :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2015, 05:35 AM »

I've done 2.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline McQUEEN

• Look Back
  • I left it in the garden......
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2015, 07:29 AM »
Good Idea - you got to be in it to win it!
When I was born, the world was a far simpler place.
It was all just cops and robbers.
And BMX.

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2015, 07:41 AM »
I think it is always a problem with custom bikes. People want stock bikes etc so you are indeed into the niche market. A mint super goose would be no where near £2000. People are spending there hard earned doubloons on travel at the moment as well which will not help

Offline Jonny too talll

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2015, 08:37 AM »
I understand where you are coming from, no matter how much work you have put into something it still doesn't mean people will shell out what you want for it, I have about £3000 sunk into my KTM race bike on top of the £3500 it cost to buy second hand in a stock state, I asked on the bike forum I'm on how much I should advertise it for and most said around £2000. In the end I've kept hold of it.

A raffle is a great idea though, I've seen this done a few times and its worked out really well.

Good luck with it :)
The lights are on but nobodys home

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2015, 11:02 AM »
It is a very lovely, well engineered thing - no question about it. But the fact that it was such a personal, one off creation means that it by definition will be a niche item rather than something with mainstream appeal.
It's a real shame that you can't keep it, but your best bet to sell it would be to cast your net wide until you find someone with deep enough pockets - good luck mate  :daumenhoch:

without sounding to harsh this is the reason.

We talked about via pm's and it's because you built the bike for you.

it's a lovely bike and we'll put together with a lot if thought but it's your bike.

same happens in car and motorbike building you only get a fraction of what it cost to do.

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • RADBury 1st May (Bank Holiday Sunday)
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2015, 05:02 PM »

without sounding to harsh this is the reason.

We talked about via pm's and it's because you built the bike for you.

it's a lovely bike and we'll put together with a lot if thought but it's your bike.

same happens in car and motorbike building you only get a fraction of what it cost to do.

Totally agree, and because it's a one off its not like anyone can change it how they want, not that it needs changing, but brake calipers, wheels etc not an option like spraying an Aston Martin pink for the wife, she's gunna love it but it's just lost 20 grand value
Jono

Offline snoopy72

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2015, 05:45 PM »
Your right in everything you say guys and this is not the first time I have done this (never seem to learn) spending a fortune and never getting my money back but really enjoyed building it.

Now on ebay.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 08:50 PM by snoopy72 »

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2015, 09:28 PM »
Good idea.  :angel:

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2015, 12:31 PM »
Your right in everything you say guys and this is not the first time I have done this (never seem to learn) spending a fortune and never getting my money back but really enjoyed building it.

Your last 4 words are why your in the position your in.

when I was in my teens I always wanted a kit car ( thank fook I grew out of it ). I remember my dad saying to buy one already done as someone else will have sunk loads of time and money in to it and you'll pay a fraction of the cost to own it.

Now on ebay.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Selling a one off

gfxgfx
gfx gfx