gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:43 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Check out WANTED first!!!!!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Check out WANTED first!!!!!!!  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • RADBury 1st May (Bank Holiday Sunday)
  • Rated:
Check out WANTED first!!!!!!!
« on: February 22, 2015, 12:12 PM »
 why can people not check wanted out before posting for sale items should make sense that a quick check to see if your sales are wanted before posting... Terry (Wildon) posts wanted pro class rims a couple of days back then a pair come up for sale n get dibbed I know it's not sellers or buyers fault but mental note to all why not give it a look over before posting on sales  :rant:
Jono

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
Re: Check out WANTED first!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 12:14 PM »
Sadly the wanted section always gets overlooked, most posts are lucky to get 20-30 views  :(
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 12:43 PM »
I had a rant about the very same thing a while ago. Perhaps if they moved the for sale section behind the wanted section so you have to go through the wanted to get to the for sale section might solve it.
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

griff

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 01:06 PM »
I rarely use the forum sections, unless I'm searching for something specific - usually I just hit the 'unread posts since last visit' button and read everything that comes up (like an addict  ;D)

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 01:23 PM »
Excactly as I said earlier  ???

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 01:24 PM »
I normally look at the Wanted section most days, Just in case someone wants something that I might have.
Just last night I replied to a wanted ad and have sold a hub(pending payment) that I have previously tried to sell.
Also in the last week I have used the orphan parts section to sell a crank arm :daumenhoch:

Offline eddie kidd

• Rockwalk
  • 22 years 23 days 24 minutes
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 01:29 PM »
Here Here...

I've been after Comp 3 Blue Greens since Pussy was a Kitten...

A set sold on here for £250...(I just missed them)...

I don't like saying it, but I would pay more , because they complete a build for me...

1st Rule of Economics...Supply & Demand...
Wanted Green Oakley B2 Grips...Nos...

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 02:43 PM »
Please do  :2funny:
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 02:44 PM »
It's s bloody good point Ali ... And it happens all the time ...  :(
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 09:26 PM »
I normally look at the Wanted section most days, Just in case someone wants something that I might have.
Just last night I replied to a wanted ad and have sold a hub(pending payment) that I have previously tried to sell.
Also in the last week I have used the orphan parts section to sell a crank arm :daumenhoch:

As Gary says, I look in there all the time just in case I have something people need

Offline johnjo74

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 04:15 PM »
I rarely use the forum sections, unless I'm searching for something specific - usually I just hit the 'unread posts since last visit' button and read everything that comes up (like an addict  ;D)

This is how I navigate the forum , reading all the topics that interest me then hitting the 'mark all forums read' to remove the ones that don't .

I usually read the wanted ads too even if I've nothing for sale . The exception to this is the lazily titled ad's  ..... 'Stuff I need' and so on .

One chap is looking for a 'caliper' in there , but I haven't opened the thread as I'm not sure if it's a right or left legged one he needs ?

:teef:

griff

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2015, 04:29 PM »

This is how I navigate the forum , reading all the topics that interest me then hitting the 'mark all forums read' to remove the ones that don't .

I usually read the wanted ads too even if I've nothing for sale . The exception to this is the lazily titled ad's  ..... 'Stuff I need' and so on .

One chap is looking for a 'caliper' in there , but I haven't opened the thread as I'm not sure if it's a right or left legged one he needs ?

That's probably me :teef:
and I'm after an MX1000 - gonna check my wording now!

griff

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2015, 04:32 PM »

That's probably me :teef:
and I'm after an MX1000 - gonna check my wording now!

yeah it was me  ::)

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2015, 04:34 PM »
 :nickswan:
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2015, 08:05 AM »
It's always been the same Jono. Some people look but I guess most don't. I always check the wanted first to see if I have what someone needs as this helps to sell my stuff and then buy something else from another member. I have missed out on numerous things because people post in the for sales tread, it gets snapped up, and it was what I was looking for.

The trades section is another overlooked part of the forum too but, I do see most posts in there are always tending to offer something less desirable than what they are actually after.
BANNED

Offline johnjo74

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2015, 10:58 AM »
It is unfortunate when someone with a Wanted ad up misses out on an item in the For Sale section because they weren't online at the right time , but how far would you want a seller to go back ? One page ? Two ? A week? A month?

You'd get someone on page five kicking off because someone on page three had been offered something they had both been looking for  :2gunsfiring_v1: 

I suppose you could work backwards from page 756 , checking who had already been sorted out ;D

With regard to threads in the Wanted section not getting many views , it doesn't mean that people haven't seen the desire for said object .

If I use the 'posts since last visit' or even open the Wanted Section on the main forum page and scroll down and see that twattyBollox71 wants something  I haven't got  , I probably wouldn't open the thread.

If I did have , but not for sale then I probably wouldn't open the thread .

Most thread titles describe what is required , but the ones that don't , begin to all look the same (Stuff I need , Stuff I want etc..) , so I rarely open them either especially if I'm not selling anything  ..... maybe that's just me though  :-\

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2015, 06:15 PM »

I suppose you could work backwards from page 756 , checking who had already been sorted out ;D

:LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Check out WANTED first!!!!!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx