gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 05:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Vector FS Unlimited F&F & Bars whats it worth?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Vector FS Unlimited F&F & Bars whats it worth?  (Read 4215 times)

Offline meerkat333

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Vector FS Unlimited F&F & Bars whats it worth?
« on: February 08, 2015, 10:34 AM »
Sorry for asking but i am really not sure what a fair price would be for these items

I am selling to raise money so i can finish other projects (White and MRD)

It is an early Vector FS unlimited the first version with luggage rack style frame platform, and then wierd hoop over the fron tyre on the forks,
I bought this BITD and hardly used it so there is no cracks and no damage to any dropout etc.
it did have small amount of surface rust which is why i had it powder coated, the powder coating is good but not excellent ( i am very picky i guess) i would say 8/10 but it is definately ok to be a show bike,
It has repop stickers by del
The Bars are the correct bars to match with new powder coating (this is perfect powder coating) i bought these recently off ebay for £175
Also included would be a full repop padset (altho mod to top tube pad would be needed due to platform) and a TUFFNECK layback seatpost which has also been Powder coated to match.

I am looking to see what i should list this for on ebay/ or sell here, looking for a realistic price that i could sell it for as it needs to go soon but obviously i dont want to sell for less than it is really worth etc

sorry again for asking :) i hope someone maybe able to give me a clue whats its worth etc
also if anyone is interested in buying it then let me knwo mayeb we can sort something out

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Vector FS Unlimited F&F & Bars whats it worth?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 11:17 AM »
They look like Colombia bars to me not vectors,  Jono had one of these I think last year & would be able to tell you...

I think the gauge of the steel of the foot stand on the bars should be thinner if real Vectors.. If these were bought from ebay I think I know the seller & they were Colombia bars priced at £175...

Hope you have the real deal.

Offline meerkat333

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 11:33 AM »
I think i saw those bars u mention at approximately the same time i bought these from ebay, the ones u mentioned were black ? if i rememebr rightly

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121539940841?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

the seller of the ones i bought was - Seller:sro19712011

is there anyway to check if they are the correct bars (damn i really hope they are cos i dont want crappy bars to go with it, i just hope it is a coinsidence that u may be thinking they are the wrong ones :( )

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 11:51 AM »
I think i saw those bars u mention at approximately the same time i bought these from ebay, the ones u mentioned were black ? if i rememebr rightly

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121539940841?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

the seller of the ones i bought was - Seller:sro19712011

is there anyway to check if they are the correct bars (damn i really hope they are cos i dont want crappy bars to go with it, i just hope it is a coinsidence that u may be thinking they are the wrong ones :( )

If you bought the from Sro they are Columbia bars mate... They are the ones i was on about as i asked him how much he wanted for then & I about shit a brick when he told me the price... He had a complete bike & sold it off in bits (here's his listing for the frame that they came from in the link below) ...

Looking at the advert he's not described them as Vector but Old school freestyle Bars, vector unlimited, trm (style) Might have to chalk this one off to experience mate... Hope you didn't pay too much for them but they are still nice bars.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Old-school-bmx-columbia-freestyle-/121546850044?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item1c4cc1befc&nma=true&si=xtsAHGItHSIrcMmKxtUmOk9yaIo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I'm positive the angle of the foot stand bar that covers the stem is different to yours & should be a thinner bar ...    I'm not positive but i think someone on here spotted this listing & put up a thread about it.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 11:58 AM by Funkyworm »

Offline meerkat333

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 12:13 PM »
sucks then :(  damn so what can i get for a vector FS with crappy copy bars :(

will my whitehawk never get finished :((

i did a little look again and they more like vector than columbia tho

took some pics of mine fitted with a tuff neck stem the same as what is on the vector so u can judge for urself to me they look exactly the same distance as the vector ones, where as the coloumbia ones look like the loop is bigger (ie it overhangs the stem more) and maybe also higher up the bars ????

are u 100% sure they are not the real deal :(

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 12:22 PM »
Mate Believe me they are Coloumbia bars..

I'll PM you.

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2015, 12:23 PM »
Not tying to piss on your party but the tubing looks thicker on yours like the columbia ones... soz.  :-[
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline meerkat333

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2015, 12:25 PM »
yes i guess u are correct :(

so anway what can i get for a vector FS unlimited frame and forks ?
would it be best to include the bars with a note saying not origianl bars or are the bars worth anything selling as columbia bars etc???

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2015, 12:48 PM »
yes i guess u are correct :(

so anway what can i get for a vector FS unlimited frame and forks ?
would it be best to include the bars with a note saying not origianl bars or are the bars worth anything selling as columbia bars etc???

Last set  of columbia bars  saw went for this:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/80-er-Freestyle-Lenker-Vector-oldschoolbmx-kein-Hutch-Peregrine-performer-/171642916436?pt=Sport_Radsport_Fahrradteile_Komponenten&hash=item27f6b70e54

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2015, 05:56 PM »
Last one of those sold with Vector bars for $1200.  Theres a rarer 85 on the Museum complete right now for $1800.

Offline chubby

• BMX Nerd
  • Needs Pegs
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 11:02 PM »
Really tasty frameset you have there bud & unfortunately deffo 100% columbia bars. I was also after the bars whem mr sro was offering them around fbook BEFORE he had them powered & put the decals on & was keeping an eye out for them on ebay but obviously missed em.  As Callum said he hasn't stated in his listing that they are vector bars but wasn't exactly truthful either  "nono" .
back to the value question, these hardly pop up & I'd really like one in my collection but reckon you'll do well on ebay with it & get more than I can afford to pay you  :LolLolLolLol:
just make sure you describe the bars properly  :whistle:
WANTED : 1" freestyle forks, uglier the better

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • No school like the old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2015, 09:44 PM »
Shame about your bars, but to be honest although they are fairly rare, the F&F is what the winner of your auction will be after ;) I've never seen one on the bay in years. I may well be putting in a cheek little bid ::)

These are my Vector bars, you can see the loop is smaller tubing. :)

The madest frameset fella, a shame you need to sell.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Vector FS Unlimited F&F & Bars whats it worth?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx