gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975625 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 26, 2024, 03:59 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  More re-release grips on the way, from Odi this time
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: More re-release grips on the way, from Odi this time  (Read 606 times)

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
More re-release grips on the way, from Odi this time
« on: February 11, 2015, 10:37 PM »
Just noticed these in Alans. Always had a soft spot for mushys though i know they are a bit marmite  :)

http://www.alansbmx.com/1625952/products/odi_mushroom_ii_grips_limited_edition.aspx

Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
Re: More re-release grips on the way, from Odi this time
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 08:19 AM »
Not to everyones taste but I loved 'em too back in the day ... I know NRP are the devil's work for some but for others ( you know who you are - myself included ) they often allow budget builds to be built!

I think with these and the unitrons being re-made it shows just how healthy the state our hobby( passion )  is at the moment  :daumenhoch: :smitten:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 10:01 AM by factory pilot »
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 08:22 AM »
Never been a fan of Mushies but fair play to them  :daumenhoch:

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 09:12 AM »
They look nice.  8) Always nice and soft these.  :) Not a bad price at £14 a pair. But I'm sure they will come down in price at some point, maybe under a tenner!  :-\ Reproduction grips are the one part that has never really worried me on a build. Unless its a show carpet queen.

Does anyone know if these are identical to the 80's ones?  :daumenhoch:

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 09:29 AM »

Actually they probably won't come down in price. Just noted they are only making 500 pairs of each.

I'm sure they did more colour ways than this BITD. Like plain ones, or was that Toadstall!  :-\

They look nice.  8) Always nice and soft these.  :) Not a bad price at £14 a pair. But I'm sure they will come down in price at some point, maybe under a tenner!  :-\ Reproduction grips are the one part that has never really worried me on a build. Unless its a show carpet queen.

Does anyone know if these are identical to the 80's ones?  :daumenhoch:

Offline oldscool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 09:43 AM »
For me grips and tyres are wear items they allow you to actually ride your bmx. Please dont be offended if you use original grips and tyres, im not having a pop! but if you are building a good few bikes £150 plus for some oakleys and £400 plus for Hutch grips is insane and a couple of hundred quid for some dried out tyres MAD. Dont get me wrong I dont like most repop parts and remake bikes as you can normally pick a lot of genuine stuff for sensible money. If this post is offensive to anybody I am sorry its just my opinion.

BUT IF YOU WANT TO SELL ME SOME HUTCH GRIPS FOR £20 OR COMP 2`S FOR £50 A SET PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DROP ME A PM WITH YOUR PAYPAL  :LolLolLolLol:
If in doubt flat out.

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 11:02 AM »
For me grips and tyres are wear items they allow you to actually ride your bmx. Please dont be offended if you use original grips and tyres, im not having a pop! but if you are building a good few bikes £150 plus for some oakleys and £400 plus for Hutch grips is insane and a couple of hundred quid for some dried out tyres MAD. Dont get me wrong I dont like most repop parts and remake bikes as you can normally pick a lot of genuine stuff for sensible money. If this post is offensive to anybody I am sorry its just my opinion.

BUT IF YOU WANT TO SELL ME SOME HUTCH GRIPS FOR £20 OR COMP 2`S FOR £50 A SET PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DROP ME A PM WITH YOUR PAYPAL  :LolLolLolLol:

Don't apologise; you have every right to post your opinion......as long as everyone else agrees!!

Your point is totally valid.

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 11:02 AM »
i tried them a few times and never got on with them.

they also look better in the single colours

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  More re-release grips on the way, from Odi this time

gfxgfx
gfx gfx