gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 04:36 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Redline Pro-Line Cranks
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Redline Pro-Line Cranks  (Read 981 times)

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Redline Pro-Line Cranks
« on: August 24, 2006, 05:09 PM »
Does anyone know if the Redline Pro-Line cranks fit a regular 8 spline spindle or do you have to use the Redline one?

In other words, can I just bolt them straight onto my bike replacing my existing tubular 3p cranks?

Cheers  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Redline Pro-Line Cranks
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 06:48 PM »
C'mon guys, someone must know  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 07:00 PM »
Depends what make of spindle it is I suppose Marty, I would have thought that all of the current redline cranks use the same spindle, don`t know if thats any help to you  :crazy2:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 11:46 AM »
Depends what make of spindle it is I suppose Marty, I would have thought that all of the current redline cranks use the same spindle, don`t know if thats any help to you  :crazy2:

Cheers Bill, it's for my new school ride which has fairly standard tubular 3 piece cro-moly cranks.  I was thinking of getting them chromed like my GT ones but then had a thought about getting some of the chunky Pro-Lines.  I know a couple of people swear by these cranks and have them on their rides so wondered if they had them fitted to their existing spindles or if they managed to get a Euro BB for them  :daumenhoch:

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 02:16 PM »
American Cycle Express (ACE - http://www.americancycle.com) do a euro bb for Redline Proline cranks as I have contacted them about it in the past.

Email them and they will be able to help.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 05:54 PM »
Yeah I would have thought that its best to buy the Proline cranks as a complete set anyway, just send Joe at ACE an e-mail and ask him for a set with a euro b/b  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 08:13 PM »
Personally I wouldn't touch redline Pro-lines or ACE with a barge pole.

Had two sets of them off ACE and both sets were misaligned due to the boss been in the wrong place in the crank arm. OK the first set I can let go sent them back, ACE were OK about it. I asked them to check the next set before they sent them, 2nd set arrive they are the same, misaligned, get back on to ACE they basically call me a F**kwit and stop returning my emails.

All credit to Redline though I got intouch with them direct explained the whole sorry carry on (with pictures) and within 4 days a full new set of cranks was FED EX expressed to my door at no charge (didn't even want the faulty cranks back) and F me they were straight aswell.

So I have a misaligned set of Redlines still in the house ready to take to New York and visit Joe at ACE (he may need surgery to remove them after I hand them back)  :shocked:

Stick with PROFILES

Andy
Why oh why do I still buy kids bikes!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Redline Pro-Line Cranks

gfxgfx
gfx gfx