gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 05:29 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Anyone's Bike Collection Consist Of A Single Bike From Single Brands/Makes?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Anyone's Bike Collection Consist Of A Single Bike From Single Brands/Makes?  (Read 1767 times)

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
We've a lot of single brand collectors on the forum, Carl with his Robbo's, Brett with his DP collection, Ash with his love for SE Racing, and Nath's awesome MT Racing fleet, and there are many others.

But how many of us are collecting a single bike from each if the most popular brands from BITD?

I, as most of you know, started building Burners a few years ago, and had 5 on the go at one point, but as I attended more rides, saw more bikes in the flesh that I liked back in the 80's, GT's, DP's etc.

My collection now, is picking the brands I and building a bike from their range, and not duplicating.

Is anyone else building/collecting in a similar way?

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline martin46

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
I've got 4 Curtis bikes at the moment (had a couple more at one time), a Rickman and a Wilson.  :Great_Britain:

Oh yeh and a mark 1 burner :D
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 08:33 PM by martin46 »

Offline wildon

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
When i first started it was Trick Stars for me.  I wanted one in every colour they were made .. which i did.... obviously wasn't enough  :P

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
I used to have 17 Kuwahara's at one pont only got the 1 now.

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
I had a crazy notion of building each CW model out there. I got carried away but was saved by the realisation it was stupid!

Anyhow, I only have 6 of their race models! :idiot2:

I've a couple of GTs too :LolLolLolLol:
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
I think with me it's how a bike looks aesthetically.

I don't remember anyone having a Robinson near me, or ever seeing one on telly BITD, but since attending the rides/MK, I know I want one, but only one.

That's the key for me now, take a bike, build it, move on to another brand.

One's still to do for me:

Robinson
DB
SE
Skyway (TA)
MT Racing

and probably a few others.

Offline BADDH

• Look Back
  • BMX
  • Rated:
For me the 83 Robinson Pro was the pinnacle of BMX ownership, yes I knew about Torkers,Haro freestylers,  mongoose, PK Rippers and MT bikes amongst the Raleigh burner models however getting from a £139 Pro Star to a £275 Robinson back then was something of a miracle in our house. I got there eventually.

I have owned 10 Robinson's in my time and sold three on to fund other hobbies, I do have a small selection of other brands that I enjoy owning.

83 GT Pro
83 SE PK Ripper
81 Torker
14 SE Floval flier (shop bike)

I would like a chrome and black factory spec DB Silver Streak though.  ::)

« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 09:04 PM by BADDH »
Live life as young as you can, for as long as you can

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
Sparky had every Diamond Back going, Costa's GT collection was/is awesome. The problem with single brand collections is knowing where to stop, all the bikes in all the colours and sizes is one thing but you then find yourself getting pulled into the memorabilia too  :-\
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Sparky had every Diamond Back going, Costa's GT collection was/is awesome. The problem with single brand collections is knowing where to stop, all the bikes in all the colours and sizes is one thing but you then find yourself getting pulled into the memorabilia too  :-\

Only a fool would do that!
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:

Only a fool would do that!

Complete noob thing to do. Suckers.
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
My aim when i got back into BMX was to acquire as many bikes that i remembered as kid , variety of bikes/framesets and parts was always a goal of mine . Unfortunateley it has escalated and i now have at least one of each of the brands i started out to collect and in some cases 2 or 3  :-[  My two dream bikes as a kid were a baby Blue loopy ripper and a 84 Haro Sport .

MT Silverfox x 2
MT aero pro
Redline MXII
Redline MXIII
Diamond Back Silverstreak
84 Haro Sport x 2
Loopy Ripper
Torker 280x x 2
Torker Targa
81 Robinson Expert
Raleigh Team aero pro
Hutch Pro Racer x 2
Haro Group 1 RS2
JMC
GT Performer
Mongoose Californian x 2
81 Team Mongoose
Skyway TA
GT Pro's x 2
Redline 500a
84 Haro FST

Robinson , MT Racing and Haro mini's aswell .

3 Riders

90 Robo Pro
87 Ripper
Skyway 24

I think i need to build something soon  :D ;D
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
I forgot Torker on my list of bikes to do. I think it's your philosophy about the hobby Joff, that's made me think very differently about this hobby.  :daumenhoch:

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
John ( Bobafett ) has an amazing collection of Geese.  :4_17_5:

Me................nah, not liked anything enough to want them all. I just wanted what i wanted/had as a sprog. Got them all now and the race kit for most.

Happy days.
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
Willgas has a bigger collection of Firebirds than me :daumenhoch:
Jay and Dom had an Awesome fleet of Haros although it is a bit smaller now.

Offline steve69

• Flip-Whip
  • aka. Steve Changa
  • Rated:
I think Hunterdubber's "one of each iconic brand" collection has to be up there with the best. MarkyP has to be another  :coolsmiley:

Where these collections are great, I think the one brand collectors are where the true knowledge is held.

If there's air in the tyres... it's a rider

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
I forgot about Dubber, love his collection.  "wantit"

Offline stevesredvxr

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
I have a couple of Streetbeats.

One in every two tone 86/87 colour combo they did, plus I've now doubled up on the blue/grey and the red/white one. I also have the red and chrome 88 that Pickle built.

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
I forgot Torker on my list of bikes to do. I think it's your philosophy about the hobby Joff, that's made me think very differently about this hobby.  :daumenhoch:

Got to have a Torker Dan  :smitten:

To be honest mate the bikes are kind of secondary to me now (probably explains the lack of builds  ::) ) as the rides out have taken over as a priority  . The lads and lasse's i have met on the rides out/ramp nights etc  , be it the ones i see on a regular basis up North or the ones i possibly only see once a year at MK make it such a great hobby to be involved in . The bikes may have brought us all together but it's the rides out that keep us together  ;) Were probably quite fortunate that we have a great bunch of lads around the NW who see each other on a regular basis .

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:

To be honest mate the bikes are kind of secondary to me now (probably explains the lack of builds  ::) ) as the rides out have taken over as a priority  . The lads and lasse's i have met on the rides out/ramp nights etc  , be it the ones i see on a regular basis up North or the ones i possibly only see once a year at MK make it such a great hobby to be involved in . The bikes may have brought us all together but it's the rides out that keep us together  ;) Were probably quite fortunate that we have a great bunch of lads around the NW who see each other on a regular basis .

Never a more true word spoken.  :daumenhoch:

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:

Just read that to the Misses,  Very nicely put Joff :daumenhoch:

Offline 20to26

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
I enjoy building replicas of my own bikes I had, there's a couple I havent got to yet. My faves are my KZ1 framed Nova, and my white Bravo - if I could I'd collect each Kuwahara, which I have the most of. In between those quests Ive enjoyed building anything that grabbed my fancy at the time or a bike I wanted but couldn't get BITD. So in one sense I know where I'm going with a build cos I'm following a photo or a memory, such as my most recent GT; and in another I just see where the project takes me as I go along - that keeps it fun and unpredictable.

I admire pretty much all of the bikes guys on here build whether they're uber rare and expensive or not.

:daumenhoch:

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:

She being one of the top lasse's Brett  :daumenhoch:  I won't be taking any bookings for after dinner speeches yet though  :D

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:

She being one of the top lasse's Brett  :daumenhoch:  I won't be taking any bookings for after dinner speeches yet though  :D
Mrs Peeps say you are a top bloke aswell :daumenhoch:

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • RADBury 1st May (Bank Holiday Sunday)
  • Rated:
British freestylers is my thing at the minute

I got
TRM
Rickman
Mk1 DP Firebird
Mk1 Vincent Freestyler
2 x Vincent airzones
MRD Badlander
Aero Reflex
Falcon Prostyler
Piranha Freestyler
(Would like to find a rebel and a fox4styler)
Jono

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • RADBury 1st May (Bank Holiday Sunday)
  • Rated:

Big girls blouse!!!!
Jono

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Anyone's Bike Collection Consist Of A Single Bike From Single Brands/Makes?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx