gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 08:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  GT Hotwheels Special edition - what was the frame used?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: GT Hotwheels Special edition - what was the frame used?  (Read 1399 times)

Offline tatsunoko

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
GT Hotwheels Special edition - what was the frame used?
« on: January 30, 2015, 05:24 PM »
Since 2001 I have had one of the GT Hotwheels Special Editions http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/gt_bicycles/'model=1543 in the shed (used to use it for communing but not touched it for years).

Have always wondered what frame it was based on (Interceptor, mach one?) - any ideas

The components are not high end, so I was always weary of thrashing it.

To be honest, I bought it for the look of the Dyno Fireball Tyres  and the flames :-\ ( though the wheels are currently my old 80's Tuff 2's wrapped in Comp 3's).

May bang it up for sale (but probably gift to my nephew when he is big enough for it)  I doubt they sell for what I'd be prepared to let it go for, but it could fund a DK General Lee build I seem to have developed an itch for (an early US 4130 frame, not the Walmart crap they are churning out recently).

Offline VOIVOD

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: GT Hotwheels Special edition - what was the frame used?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 05:30 PM »
 Think the frame was based on a Power Series Pro.Yours loooks like an early one due to the 1"headset.Taiwanese built.I`ve had several pass through my hands over the years.More of an entry level race bike as the toptubes on these are pretty short.
"Everything is a dildo.It just comes down to how brave you are."

Offline tatsunoko

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Re: GT Hotwheels Special edition - what was the frame used?
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 09:28 PM »
Cheers, that looks to be a good call for the frame match.  Now the decision to sell it or not.... Will give it a service and get some pics up when i have some time :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  GT Hotwheels Special edition - what was the frame used?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx