gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 05, 2024, 07:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ebay conundrum........
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ebay conundrum........  (Read 571 times)

Offline Bfellows

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Ebay conundrum........
« on: January 30, 2015, 04:59 PM »
General consensus needed.......

I spotted a "Redline RL20-B" on ebay a while back..... Decided to have a cheeky bid and thought nothing of it.  Turns out the "RL20-B" is actually a 1989 two-five........  Tried to retract my bid, turns out I'd left it too late apparently, but had to do work things so didn't have time this morning to contact the seller.

Got back from work and I'm the winning bidder........

I've messaged them asking them to cancel the transaction as its not what I thought it was - as this appears to be a genuine mistake on both parts (?)  Am I heading into a whole heap of mither if the seller refuses to cancel?

(In fairness, I do quite like it, but wonder if what I bid was too much which is half the dilemma.......?)

Bert
You always need a cheese option......

Offline OldGooseGuy

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Ebay conundrum........
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 05:40 PM »
If it falls into the category of "item not as described" I think you'll be ok. eBay buyer protection policy should apply, and even if you had already paid, I think you would get your money back.

Make sure you contact the seller, let him know the situation, and see if you can work it out!
WANTED! 1981 / 1982 Mongoose II or California Special F&F in chrome.

Offline Blacky

• Rockwalk
  • 720 back tap to fakie in
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 05:51 PM »
Iv had people bid a never pay, eBay have never held to their rules of a binding contract
same old same old

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 07:56 PM »
Iv had people bid a never pay, eBay have never held to their rules of a binding contract

Agreed... eBay always protects the buyer no matter what ... Just don't pay the dude ,if he doesn't agree to cancel. That trick seems to have  worked for every faker that's done it to me..

Offline Blacky

• Rockwalk
  • 720 back tap to fakie in
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 08:41 PM »
I did a live chat with them about a Buyer who wouldn't pay and the "rules" of a binding contract and they said it's only between the seller and buyer and eBay can't do anything
same old same old

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ebay conundrum........

gfxgfx
gfx gfx