gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 04:14 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Plating advise - Chain tensioners
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Plating advise - Chain tensioners  (Read 632 times)

Offline ccshell

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Plating advise - Chain tensioners
« on: January 25, 2015, 01:54 PM »
Bit anal, i know. I have a pair of chain tensioners I want to revive to go onto my ET. The left one is the correct colour (brass/copper finish).
Does anyone know to a decent metal finisher in Wolverhampton area?
Cheers

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Plating advise - Chain tensioners
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 02:09 PM »
contact annodiser chick on here, it's her job
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 02:22 PM »
I imagine they are bright zinc plated with a yellow passivation (like you sometimes find on bolts, brackets etc)
with a gentle hand a similar finish could be achieved with anno, but the tensioners are steel are they not?
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

rodriguez

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 03:00 PM »
You're right on both accounts Clint they are steel so can't be annoed and it's yellow zinc plating you're after, the silver one is clear zinc plating.

I'd just buy a matching set off the bay for a couple of quid, because I'll bet you BITD they just used what was at hand, yellow or silver.

Strange on this you're the first person I've come across who's after the yellow finish as most people prefer silver as the yellow mostly comes on lower quality fixings.

Offline ccshell

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 03:18 PM »
If i could find a matching pair on ebay, i would buy. I have never seen a pair in this yellow finish. I just dont like the silver finish.

Thanks for the advise

rodriguez

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 03:54 PM »
Well if that's you're personal preference nowt wrong with that, I googled platers and there's a few to choose from.

https://www.google.co.uk/search'sourceid=chrome-psyapi2&rlz=1C1VEAD_enGB482GB485&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8&q=zinc%20plating%20wolverhampton&oq=zinc%20plating%20wo&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.9212j0j8

Get them both done or buy another set and get them done so they are the same shade  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Plating advise - Chain tensioners

gfxgfx
gfx gfx