gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 01:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Brake lever ID
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Brake lever ID  (Read 565 times)

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
Brake lever ID
« on: January 15, 2015, 02:15 PM »
Recently bought a cool set of bars (more on those later!) which came with this lever on it. Mid-school-looking to me with what looks like a pac-man-shaped stamp next to a 95, as shown (poorly) in the final pic. Anyone any ideas? Thanks in advance!  :daumenhoch:

From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline insectbones

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Brake lever ID
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 02:18 PM »
R is for right hand lever i would think.

No idea on make though  :-\

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 02:26 PM »
ACS?  ???

Offline VOIVOD

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 04:28 PM »
 :) Looks like an early 90s Tektro-g9ot a few sets here that I took off completes from that era.
"Everything is a dildo.It just comes down to how brave you are."

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 12:33 AM »
Thanks for the replies guys!  :bow:

I've just compared mine with pics of both ACS and Tektro levers online and although similar, the sweep of the lever is definitely different on mine. In the absence of any stamping, I reckon they're a cheap knock-off but no big deal either way, as they were a freebie with the bars.  :daumenhoch:

Thanks again for the help!
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 09:23 AM »
As this was sourced from the States, I also posted it up on the Museum and the general consensus there was that these levers came on some 90s GTs/ Dynos/ Robinsons/ Auburns and Powerlites. Also the "pac-man" stamp (my description) was said to be LC = Lee Chi, which I remember being on some mid-80s Mongooses. Interesting stuff!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Brake lever ID

gfxgfx
gfx gfx