gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975625 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 26, 2024, 12:47 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  bmx prices 2016
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: bmx prices 2016  (Read 2764 times)

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
bmx prices 2016
« on: June 18, 2016, 09:28 AM »
Are prices slowing down as notice a lot of stuff not moving and auction stuff selling lower than normal .I know the whole eu crap is slowing everything down at mo . Thoughts ?
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline region11

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Re: bmx prices 2016
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 10:28 AM »
Are the current batch of collectors, buying to ride and therefore not going to pay silly money for NOS parts or maybe happy to ride repo stuff.  I look at ebay and see many parts priced too high for most.  Although, not all.  Seems to be a fair few people with plenty of pocket money most can only envy.  On a personal level, I still come across a NOS bargain now and then :).
Neil

Offline donnydresser

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 10:35 AM »
parts prices are being pushed up by the cheque book collector for whom money is no object that want to show they have the best bikes on the scene its the same on the vw car scene  theyve not spent hours trawling ebay and various forums trying to get the parts they need its just get the visa card out and buy a complete  :bellend:

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 11:58 AM »
Definately downshift in prices on certain frameset recently.
Chequebook builders will eventually realise that it takes passion to build a truly great bmx. Not a bank balance. Some of the nicest bikes I've seen are not dripping in the best parts but built right. No one's bikes dripped in every awesome bit of top end kit. Shit bitd noone I know had a three piece crank.

Offline Andyboy77

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 03:50 PM »
Chequebook builders will eventually realise that it takes passion to build a truly great bmx. Not a bank balance. Some of the nicest bikes I've seen are not dripping in the best parts but built right. No one's bikes dripped in every awesome bit of top end kit.

The flip side of the coin is, that builds done with passion aren't for free either. But well said! I get your point and agree on that :daumenhoch:

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 04:04 PM »
Prices are still sky high for the OZ and Thai boys, they're paying big bucks for good parts, no signs of slowing there.
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline Why isnt this working

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 07:53 PM »
I've been trying to sell on some half decent parts over the last 3 or 4 weeks but certainly not achieving the figures I thought I would, or getting back what I paid for them in the first place in quite a few instances. I suppose they are only worth what someone wants to pay at the end of the day but I definately think prices are down from a sellers perspective, in the 'old school' sector, and the market place seems generally slow. That said I've only advertised on here and EBay. I'm unsure what things are like anywhere else to be honest.

Si... :daumenhoch:

Offline bigfatolly

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2016, 10:00 PM »
I've been trying to sell on some half decent parts over the last 3 or 4 weeks but certainly not achieving the figures I thought I would, or getting back what I paid for them in the first place in quite a few instances. I suppose they are only worth what someone wants to pay at the end of the day but I definately think prices are down from a sellers perspective, in the 'old school' sector, and the market place seems generally slow. That said I've only advertised on here and EBay. I'm unsure what things are like anywhere else to be honest.

Si... :daumenhoch:

I would say a good 80 per cent of stuff on Facebook isn't selling at the moment,unless they are decent parts that are dirt cheap.
I have also noticed parts on ebay are generally selling lower than a few months ago.
Good if you are building,but not so good if you are selling.
From my point of view I try not to think about getting my money back on stuff or achieving high prices.
If I need to raise money for new parts or a build I tend to take the stack it high,sell it cheap method,which usually works....

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2016, 11:35 AM »
Yep, very slow to sell stuff and the prices i'm putting my brother's stash out at is pretty low. Still getting haggled but the stuff is better being used than cluttering up my garage.

Must admit the cost of postage is criminal now so I try and drop stuff off if I can to help out with the prices :coolsmiley:
Still limping......

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2016, 12:07 PM »
The good stuff is rare and harder to find ... The moneybag collectors have driven the prices of these parts out of the reach of most of us and people can't afford to build anymore ..

The used parts are also too expensive ... We're all guilty of expecting our money back or more on our parts because this has been the norm for years as the scene has grown and blossomed .. I guess it's saturation time .. A lot of people have done all the builds they are are ever going to do and are hoarding parts "just in case they need them"

It's also a Summer thing .. People have finished builds and are waiting for the winter to come along to get building again .. Every ride there seems to be new faces excited by the whole thing and passionate about future builds so we'll see I guess?

« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 06:48 PM by factory pilot »
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2016, 05:21 PM »

Must admit the cost of postage is criminal now so I try and drop stuff off if I can to help out with the prices :coolsmiley:

:LolLolLolLol:  try meeting up with this goon,   drop stuff off ,   my arse   :LolLolLolLol:

« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 05:29 PM by oldtired »

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2016, 05:41 PM »
This conversation again????

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2016, 05:49 PM »
This conversation again????

It'll never stop Chris  ::)
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2016, 06:03 PM »
Think of BMX like the tide it ebbs and flows.  Occasionally we enjoy high tides, other times low but it usually levels out over time.

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2016, 08:49 PM »

:LolLolLolLol:  try meeting up with this goon,   drop stuff off ,   my arse   :LolLolLolLol:

Yeah, I was just a tiny bit hung over........  :2funny:
Still limping......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  bmx prices 2016

gfxgfx
gfx gfx