gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 05:37 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Bleaching white tuffs......
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bleaching white tuffs......  (Read 646 times)

Offline Chromo Buzz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Bleaching white tuffs......
« on: December 28, 2014, 10:17 PM »
Evening Radsters,

I'm sure this has been asked a 1000 times, I'm gonna be bleaching some alloy hubbed white tuffs tomorrow. I have the tub and bleach, and also some vaseline to grease the hubs.

So.....my question is does it have to be neat bleach, or can i add water(i have 18 litres of bleach :shocked:)  Also, do you need to add salt, or is that just for dyeing?

Thanks in advance for you're advice/tips ;).

Buz :daumenhoch:.

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
Re: Bleaching white tuffs......
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 10:38 PM »
Neat cheapo watery type bleach and plenty of vaseline on anything metal.
To be honest though its a right faf, can leave the mags slightly pitted then you need to soak the bloody things in WD40 to try and nourish the nylon.
It worked for my mongoose OE wheels when i knew no better but would always go the aqua blast route now or risk the bird life in the area and try peroxide ( not the best time of year though to be fair)
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 10:40 PM »
You might find some answers here

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,179055.0.html

Read what Bendycat's written he's got other threads here somewhere but this the latest that springs to mind... you'll not go far wrong.  He knows his shit man. :daumenhoch:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 10:41 PM »
Neat cheapo watery type bleach and plenty of vaseline on anything metal.
To be honest though its a right faf, can leave the mags slightly pitted then you need to soak the bloody things in WD40 to try and nourish the nylon.
It worked for my mongoose OE wheels when i knew no better but would always go the aqua blast route now or risk the bird life in the area and try peroxide ( not the best time of year though to be fair)
Or ask Clint.  :LolLolLolLol:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 07:39 PM »
Just give theme a clean and leave them off white......much better in my opinion  :daumenhoch:

Offline Chromo Buzz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 12:26 AM »
Just give theme a clean and leave them off white......much better in my opinion  :daumenhoch:

I did consider that, i put them on a cycle through the dishwasher and when they came out i thought about leaving them as is. Then i finally decided to go down the bleaching route, so fingers crossed they turn out ok. They've been in for only 12hr's so far, gonna leave in for a total of 48.

Thanks for you're advice peep's, much appreciated ;).

Buz :daumenhoch:.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Bleaching white tuffs......

gfxgfx
gfx gfx