gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 07:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Freestyle Manufacturer Advice
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Freestyle Manufacturer Advice  (Read 2325 times)

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
Freestyle Manufacturer Advice
« on: August 22, 2006, 05:33 PM »
The BMX bug has got me and I’m looking to purchase a 2nd o/s BMX (thought I could resist by just having 1 bike). Anyhow, I’ve seen this on e-bay and considering having a bid, really like the look of it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FALCON-PRO-MAG-FLYER-BMX-OLD-SKOOL_W0QQitemZ260023156913QQihZ016QQcategoryZ22677QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Does anybody know about the manufacturer, build quality, history etc. I’m thinking it may have been one of those ‘jump on the bandwagon’ manufacturers BITD?

The seller says it’s a 16.5 frame size…..do you reckon this is the top tube? If it is the top tube, it seems a tad on the small side, the wheels are 20 inch.

Any advice/help/info would be great :daumenhoch:.

Cheers

Paul
Vans Style

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
Re: Freestyle Manufacturer Advice
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 05:51 PM »
Personally, I'd leave it...much better to save your money for something that you do remember from BITD...IMO

But if it makes you smile...have it!  :daumenhoch:

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 05:52 PM »
I think he's measured the 16" from top of the seat tube to bb tube a la mountain bike sizing.
Falcon Pro made some basic/average stuff BITD, i dont know much about them but  a few kids had them around my way like the Omega etc, never remember them doing them in white though.. Personally I'd only have that bike for the OGK's

WizardWeb

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 06:29 PM »
That's what I was thinking Del, go for the OGK's !

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 07:14 PM »
Cheers guys for the feedback  :daumenhoch:

Mmmmmmmmmm...didn't realise they were OGKs!!!! :) I'll see how the auction goes over the next few days ::)

I like the overall package......maybe as a resto or survivor bike. Thought it was something a different from other brand name BMXs.

May even change my avatar to Falconstylie if successful!!!

Vans Style

theRuler

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 08:08 PM »
they wont be ogks
they will be ogk cheapo copies, as found on cheap bikes

i would avoid that bike. if someone gave it to you, fine. but its of very little value.

save your cash mate and put it something better!!!

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 08:25 PM »
Grae, you are Mr BMX so will take onboard your advice.......I still like the look of it though...Falcon Pro Mag Freestyler sounds kinda cool though?

Say if it went somewhere between £20-50 would it still not be worth it as something to display......or is it a bit of a p*ss take bike...would there be lots of :2funny:

A full on proper Skyway TA would be my dream bike but that ain't gonna happen for me at the mo :(.

Vans Style

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 08:31 PM »
Its all personal choice, ones man's dream can be another man's nightmare and vice versa. Its worth as much as you want to pay for it so if you really like it then go for it mate.

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 08:34 PM »

A full on proper Skyway TA would be my dream bike but that ain't gonna happen for me at the mo :(.

Follow your dream dude - start buying the parts for the TA, rather than spending on things you don't really want (trust me, I've been there!)

:)

Dave

theRuler

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 08:50 PM »
Grae, you are Mr BMX so will take onboard your advice.......I still like the look of it though...Falcon Pro Mag Freestyler sounds kinda cool though?

Say if it went somewhere between £20-50 would it still not be worth it as something to display......or is it a bit of a p*ss take bike...would there be lots of :2funny:

if you can scoop it for 15 bucks, and collect it then i guess it's worth a nibble
some falcon pros were ok, with good parts.  but some were really bad.
i think that one is one of the latter
plus the newer ones got progressively cheaper, component wise. usually if a bike has a riveted on chainring guard it's gonna be a munter.

see how the auction goes
if you can collect, then maybe go for it. or let it end with no bids and offer the guy an ayrton for it.

on the other hand, no collection is complete without a few oddbods in it.
TA's GT's yeh we've all seen them a 1000 times. maybe it's time for the sub-70 quid when new catalogue bikes to shine.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2006, 09:38 PM »

Follow your dream dude - start buying the parts for the TA, rather than spending on things you don't really want (trust me, I've been there!)

:)

Dave

You should listen to the Stodgy one, he know's what he's on about!  I've gone and bought stuff before that I thought looked good but wasn't really what I wanted.  I only bought it because I was impatient, as soon as I bought it the real deal that I really, really wanted came up and I had no cash... the moral is just as Dave says, take your time and wait for what you really want as it will come up  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2006, 11:11 PM »
There are some great words of wisdom from you fellas and comments that make me smile/laugh that ring true :).....ie being impatient just to buy something rather than waiting/saving for the real deal.

I'm looking round my room and thinkin did I really need that when I coulda saved the money for something better (ie brought Aero Zytecs and still ended up getting Skyway Tuffs that I'd always wanted since a kid)!!

I'm still lookin at that Falcon Pro though, thinkin it's a nice looker despite the warnings.......I can see the 'I told you so' from you guys and the misses. Errrmmm :-\

To be continued I think!!
Vans Style

theRuler

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2006, 10:27 AM »
nah there'll be no i told you so

one school of thought is while looking out for that special bike, buy one of each other kind along the way ;)

works for me

NYSoul

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2006, 02:36 PM »
There are some great words of wisdom from you fellas and comments that make me smile/laugh that ring true :).....ie being impatient just to buy something rather than waiting/saving for the real deal.

I'm looking round my room and thinkin did I really need that when I coulda saved the money for something better (ie brought Aero Zytecs and still ended up getting Skyway Tuffs that I'd always wanted since a kid)!!

I'm still lookin at that Falcon Pro though, thinkin it's a nice looker despite the warnings.......I can see the 'I told you so' from you guys and the misses. Errrmmm :-\

To be continued I think!!

Buy the Falcon for your missus ;).. Drop the little "I thought you and me could go for some nice bike rides" line and as if by magic the moaning stops when you press the "BUY IT NOW" button on ebay. :)

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2006, 03:29 PM »
Bugger!!!! Missed out on it, logged into Ebay too late with 14 secs left and didn't bid in time :uglystupid2:, man I'm annoyed wit myself :tickedoff:

Finally went for £30.50.....gonna have to find something else now!!!

Miffed >:(

Can someone cheer me up?
Vans Style

rudhallrascal

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2006, 06:01 PM »
Don't worry about it, there are plenty more old fish in the sea  :daumenhoch: , just keep looking :)

rakas17

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2006, 12:12 PM »
sorry dude, i won that.i was watching it all week..  i've got a bit of a falcon pro fetish, that will be my fourth ;D ;D..  my first build was a haro freestyler gen1 which must have cost me about 500 quid but my first bmx was a falcon pro so i've got a bit of a soft spot for them.. also when your fav bikes are shitters that no one else is interested in then it gets a bit cheaper to feed the addiction of building bikes...  that one is gonna be for my bird (pink and white) i've already got some pink bits for it...
    anyway, it'll get it posted on here when its finished..  i agree with what the lads have been saying tho, you're never gonna be happy with a comprimise so you're better off saving your money, but also it is fun building projects while you wait  for your holy grail to turn up....  good luck with future ebaying.. :daumenhoch:

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2006, 11:05 PM »
Hi Rakas17...no probs at all bud :daumenhoch: It was my own silly fault for loggin in too late so no worries....pleased that it has gone to a Rad member with an interest rather than a 'normal' punter :)

Man I thought it was a real nice lookin bike, I don't usually bid on complete bikes but that one caught my eye, just looked right and tidy....was it in as good condition as the seller described?

Congrats anyway dude, no hard feelings from me, I logged in to late to put my bid in :idiot2: Will keep an eye out re the build, enjoy :daumenhoch:.

Paul  (Falcon Pro convert)
Vans Style

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2006, 11:15 PM »
sorry dude, i won that.i was watching it all week..  i've got a bit of a falcon pro fetish, that will be my fourth ;D ;D..  my first build was a haro freestyler gen1 which must have cost me about 500 quid but my first bmx was a falcon pro so i've got a bit of a soft spot for them.. also when your fav bikes are shitters that no one else is interested in then it gets a bit cheaper to feed the addiction of building bikes...  that one is gonna be for my bird (pink and white) i've already got some pink bits for it...
    anyway, it'll get it posted on here when its finished..  i agree with what the lads have been saying tho, you're never gonna be happy with a comprimise so you're better off saving your money, but also it is fun building projects while you wait  for your holy grail to turn up....  good luck with future ebaying.. :daumenhoch:
Dont know if your interested, I have some nos falcon pro bar and stem pads up for sale at the mo, they are yellow and black check, but the bar pad reverses and is black wtih falcon pro on it

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120025674822&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2006, 11:29 PM »
Hi Ratty :daumenhoch:.....did you bid on that Redline F&F (think it was the same ebay seller who auctioned the Falcon Pro)...I'm sure I saw City Pets as a bid? I think the guy auctioning the Falcon Pro had a load of other Redine bits and bobs as well.

I'll pass re the padset as got nothing to match it up to :(

PS: Likin your number on the plate in your avatar........snap.... ;)

Paul :)

Vans Style

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2006, 11:41 PM »
Hey that number is trade marked  >:(  :LolLolLolLol:

I did have a bid, but I never get a chance to snipe bid and lost it  :(
No worries about the pads, Its was only yesterday I turned it inside out and found the name, and on a black back ground, I might have 5to relist it with another pic!!!!
A long time ago, in a land far away!

rakas17

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2006, 12:39 AM »
i dont need those pads but i am after a set of yellow falcon pro pads if any turn up.... as to what nick that bike is in, i dunno yet cos i'm in watford and its in bristol but i'm going to plymouth at the weekend so i'll try and get it on the way.....

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Freestyle Manufacturer Advice

gfxgfx
gfx gfx