gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 05:35 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Carlo Griggs
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Carlo Griggs  (Read 11881 times)

Obbie

Re: Carlo Griggs
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2006, 12:01 AM »
The first tailwhip air wasn't done in 85 , it was 89 90 by Joe Johnson...

Daniel W

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2006, 12:20 PM »
Yup, Joe J did the first proper tailwhip air, but Dominguez did a semi successful tailwhip flyout at the Combi Pool in Upland in '85 (or '86).

PaulM

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2006, 11:41 AM »
Anybody got any recent pics or footage of Carlo riding vert?

Cheers

Paul

Carlo Griggs

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2006, 02:49 PM »
Anybody got any recent pics or footage of Carlo riding vert?

Cheers

Paul

Hey All..

Thank you for the great comments...  I do have some pics here but i will be loading them up tp my web site...   Just been looking at the posts. and there have been many good vert riders...  On a level playing field you would have Mike canning and Jerry galley up there with everyone.. tabron has done real good im pretty sure he only rides foam now and then but for sure he did 900s with out it... I know for a fact that all the other riders that do these apart from maybe a couple did them is foam...  yes bestwick can do no handed turndown 900s on resi... but im sure there is allot of vert riders that can do that if they lived in woodward... look at Eduardo terreros he dont need foam... he is a hard man..  Whatever we can all say such and such is the best but doing it like bestwick does is how it is..  Look at Kagy.. 10ft double whip flatspin 540...  You can not learn that without foam... it takes 100s if not 1000s of times to learn that...   

Whats quite funny i had all my team at my place over the weekend and Trev and marc trill where there also... i have one kid who rides for me and he can do double flip whips , flairs front flips all the big tricks but he cant air over 3ft.... he cant do rollbacks...  Then we have mike miller... he looks amazing the best lookbacks in the world...  For every rider i have ever seen and every other person who has seen him ride will tell you its all about style...

i will forward a picture to trev to upload..  trev i hope you liked your hockey puck burger!!!

cant wait to hear some comments...

Carlo

P0LL0

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2006, 03:20 PM »
Barbara was much better than Carlo  :LolLolLolLol: anyone got any piccies of Barbara?

Trev

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2006, 05:09 PM »

Here's the pic Carlo was talking about.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 05:47 PM by Trev »

MeddlE

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2006, 05:48 PM »
Good to have you on here Carlo, just ordered a set of your wheels from Cyclesport, hope they're good. ;)

Carlo Griggs

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2006, 05:58 PM »
Good to have you on here Carlo, just ordered a set of your wheels from Cyclesport, hope they're good. ;)

Thanks for supporting Proper..  I come here time to time if its not that busy..  did you get the colored rims...

Flaz

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2006, 06:04 PM »

picked mine up from hard core hobbies yesterday graham  all blue,  ;)   got mine built with blue primo spokes cost a little extra but what the fcuk  ;D

man they are the dogs danglees  ;D  you'll be well happy  ;D

MeddlE

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2006, 06:16 PM »
Gone for grey/silver rims with silver hubs and stainless spokes, not too flashy.  Was tempted by the green though.  And the gold.  And the blue. 

Haven't seen any pictures (or mentions anywhere else) of this grey/silver colour combo for the magnalites so if you have any pics Carlo that'd be great.

Carlo Griggs

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2006, 07:20 PM »
this has gone from Carlo griggs the kid from BMX Beat to rims.!!!!  The Lee-chi colors are cool... We have some updates on the new stuff.. we have a 242grm cassette coming with a 6t driver... Magnatitanium cranks with splined chainring so you can run 18t gearing.. saves allot of weight. 

PaulM

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2006, 07:24 PM »
Just out of interest Carlo, how much does the latest Houdini frame weigh and is the 2007 version out yet?

Cheers

Paul

Carlo Griggs

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2006, 07:59 PM »
its 5.6lbs for the 20".  It has Spanish and hidden also..

PaulM

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2006, 08:15 PM »
 :daumenhoch:

Cheers

Paul

MeddlE

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2006, 09:40 PM »
this has gone from Carlo griggs the kid from BMX Beat to rims.!!!!  The Lee-chi colors are cool... We have some updates on the new stuff.. we have a 242grm cassette coming with a 6t driver... Magnatitanium cranks with splined chainring so you can run 18t gearing.. saves allot of weight. 

That's because you're not just someone who used to be something in BMX, you are still very actively a part of BMX.  Which is cool.  I was looking at an Odyssey setup for the wheels until I looked at the Proper kit, was pretty much decided from the first look.

rom_kid_04

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2006, 09:41 PM »

Here's the pic Carlo was talking about.

now that is "clicked" cool style

Trev

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2006, 11:50 PM »

I've tried "looking back" that far round whilst standing on the ground and to me it's near bl**dy impossible. I was lucky enough to see that particular lookback "live".  It looked amazing then and it looks amazing now in the pic.  Miller is definitely one to look out for in the future.

trill

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2006, 05:24 PM »
apparently barbara wants 2 do the double over carlo she's been practicing in a secret compound 4 the past 20 odd years pulling triple whip flairs and the like, who's radder bab's vs carlo part 2.

Trev

« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2006, 12:35 AM »

I wonder if Barbara still has an interest in the sport. I bet she doesn't realise the legacy she has left behind by beating Carlo.  :LolLolLolLol: She has probably gone on in life without realising she once beat one of the greatest riders in UK's history.

Carlo Griggs

« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2006, 07:59 AM »

I wonder if Barbara still has an interest in the sport. I bet she doesn't realise the legacy she has left behind by beating Carlo.  :LolLolLolLol: She has probably gone on in life without realising she once beat one of the greatest riders in UK's history.

Barbara still is working at 4130... She is the secretary there.. For Ride and Dig...

Trev

« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2006, 01:10 AM »

Ok, so we now know where she.  Are we gonna get some pics???  ;)

keyhole kid

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2006, 09:34 PM »
Barbara was much better than Carlo  :LolLolLolLol: anyone got any piccies of Barbara?
[/

do you mean barbara thompson who beat carlo in some comp steve!.........
and didnt she end up on skyway to.....lol 

keyhole kid

« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2006, 09:38 PM »
tho to be fair to barbara , she was the only female bmxer that i knew of back in the day.... or was there more

Carlo Griggs

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2006, 04:36 PM »
tho to be fair to barbara , she was the only female bmxer that i knew of back in the day.... or was there more

Dont you mean barbera thomson... From southsea

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2006, 07:23 AM »

I find it strange to see  the quality of bike riding here, only to discover that Carlo is still riding with stabilisers  :LolLolLolLol:

Carlo Griggs
riding with stabilisers

yeah right...

"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Carlo Griggs

gfxgfx
gfx gfx