gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 08:34 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Hub bearing cup replacement
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hub bearing cup replacement  (Read 478 times)

Offline Bfellows

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Hub bearing cup replacement
« on: November 28, 2014, 08:57 PM »
I'm officially having a w@nker of a day.......... 

Anyone know a source for hub bearing cups to fit OGK wheels - o/d is just over 28mm or 1.120" or there abouts so the ones on ebay won't fit.  Possibly the same size as Suzue hubs so if anyone has any scrap rears let me know as i'll only be looking to butcher them.

I'm guessing I'm going to have to dremel / mill the old ones out as the won't knock out.........?  I'm contemplating buying a rip off cheap wheel off t'ebay to do a sealed bearing conversion?

Bert
You always need a cheese option......

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Hub bearing cup replacement
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 11:17 PM »
I'm officially having a w@nker of a day.......... 

Anyone know a source for hub bearing cups to fit OGK wheels - o/d is just over 28mm or 1.120" or there abouts so the ones on ebay won't fit.  Possibly the same size as Suzue hubs so if anyone has any scrap rears let me know as i'll only be looking to butcher them.

I'm guessing I'm going to have to dremel / mill the old ones out as the won't knock out.........?  I'm contemplating buying a rip off cheap wheel off t'ebay to do a sealed bearing conversion?

Bert
I've got a rear suzue that's seen a bit too much oven pride if it's any good to ya.  :daumenhoch:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline Bfellows

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Hub bearing cup replacement
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 10:43 AM »
Cheers fella, if you can measure the bearing cup size for me first - needs to be 28.5mm o/d. Let me know as I've a feeling they might be 30mm and I rather not butcher one just for the sake of it.
You always need a cheese option......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Hub bearing cup replacement

gfxgfx
gfx gfx