gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 05:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Guests and Users
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Guests and Users  (Read 1293 times)

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Guests and Users
« on: November 23, 2014, 01:15 PM »
Just had a look at base of page and says 94 Guests and 56 Users.
Is it just that members have not logged in, or just theres more people that pop in to have a look.  :-\
Why not join and get the site busier.  :)

:welcome

:radbmxsmilie:

Offline senzo milano

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: Guests and Users
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 08:39 PM »
 :popcorn:

:welcome
Big bobbles ,no troubles

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • RADBury 1st May (Bank Holiday Sunday)
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 08:53 PM »
Then ask an inappropriate question like what's this worth get absolutely slated by all n never come back, I think it's probably better to educate the uninitiated rather than jump on them it doesn't really make for bringing in new blood
Jono

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 09:00 PM »
^ That's a bit negative - hardly ever happens tbh - there's a whole section of new members being welcomed to the forum:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,13.0.html

When I first joined this was probably the most welcoming forum I'd ever been a member of. Piddles all over the attitude of the other bmx related forums on't net. Couple that with lots of knob jokes and it's win-win :)
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

Offline Ba5h

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 09:08 PM »
Then ask an inappropriate question like what's this worth get absolutely slated by all n never come back, I think it's probably better to educate the uninitiated rather than jump on them it doesn't really make for bringing in new blood
:whistle:
Bmx on a budget

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 09:24 PM »
:whistle:

Obviously not seen ba5hs thread then lol it's been toned down n comments retracted but ba5h by name bashed by nature comes to mind, I've not said what I said to cause negativity just the opposite just think people should maybe try n be a bit more excellent to each other not every "what's it worth" comment is actually a "what's the maximum a can get out of you" comment  I think not all non sst are on here to take the piss people wanna look around before committing
Jono

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 09:28 PM »
Obviously ba5h got what I meant with the whistle comment I was just giving him a little support danny I've overpaid and under sold more times than I could mention most of the time because I'm scared of saying what's this worth!!!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:31 PM by Jono »
Jono

griff

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 09:31 PM »
Tbf Mr Ba5h had an idea of the reaction he was going to get asking about value, he even mentioned it at the start of his thread  :teef:

Luckily it all seems to have moved into friendly territory now and I expect there will be hugs all round very soon.

Guests are being encouraged to join up more than before - recently there were some changes made to restrict access to some parts of the site until you're signed up. Time will tell if this does the trick, but I've noticed plenty of new member requests coming through  :daumenhoch:

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 09:33 PM »
I did see Ba5h's thread Jono - even commented in it (in a joke way though).

Didn't mean fella that you were being all negative nancy, just that it doesn't happen a lot - hopefully not caused offence :daumenhoch:

Ba5h knew asking what it's worth was a bit of a 'touchy' subject to start with (as can be seen in post 1), which I guess opened the floodgates somewhat after having a series of naughty flippers on here a few years ago that ruffled a few feathers. All good now though as not seen owt like that for a loong time, as most of em have buggered off to Faceache :)

I *think* most of the guests that appear on here (as I'm a boring tw@t and look at the 'Who's Online' section to see what peeps are looking at - it's like bmx stalking but sh1t) use the site for reference as the likes of Faceache can't provide that service (no search function etc).

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 09:34 PM »
Ffs - spent too long typing - now it looks like I'm copying Hucknall.

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 09:34 PM »
Tbf Mr Ba5h had an idea of the reaction he was going to get asking about value, he even mentioned it at the start of his thread  :teef:

Luckily it all seems to have moved into friendly territory now and I expect there will be hugs all round very soon.

Guests are being encouraged to join up more than before - recently there were some changes made to restrict access to some parts of the site until you're signed up. Time will tell if this does the trick, but I've noticed plenty of new member requests coming through  :daumenhoch:

I know yes ba5h probably new but it's not programmed into us so if you don't know n get the same reaction as a newbie let's face it the last thing you'd think would be , this is the place for me, where's the sst link
Jono

griff

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2014, 09:41 PM »
Ffs - spent too long typing - now it looks like I'm copying Hucknall.

Get fooked you crusty bastard

(In a friendly, welcoming way of course  :-*)

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2014, 10:05 PM »
It's quite cold tonight.

Offline Ba5h

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2014, 10:07 PM »
I was a little taken back by the responses as i have been on here on and off for quite some time but all is good now I hope to stay a little more active on here  ;) thanks jono for the support  :daumenhoch:
Bmx on a budget

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2014, 10:25 PM »
I was a little taken back by the responses as i have been on here on and off for quite some time but all is good now I hope to stay a little more active on here  ;) thanks jono for the support  :daumenhoch:

You can't trust Jono because he builds fruit salad bikes.

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2014, 09:13 AM »

..........and foggy down south.

It's quite cold tonight.

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2014, 06:38 PM »
The passion that is inherent on RAD sometimes spills over ... theres nothing wrong with that ... its all comes back into line as more opinions are shared ... as was the case wih Ba$h's thread... like accelerating when your caravan fishtails.

If you aren't used to that much passion then it can be a little offputting ... but thats part of its charm. If you can deal with it then its worth your efforts.

Regarding Guests ... I really don't get what they find to look at ... I have changed as much as I can to try and get these 'guests' registering... short of limiting access to everything ... what more can be done? any suggestions welcome.
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2014, 06:49 PM »
The passion that is inherent on RAD sometimes spills over ... theres nothing wrong with that ... its all comes back into line as more opinions are shared ... as was the case wih Ba$h's thread... like accelerating when your caravan fishtails.

If you aren't used to that much passion then it can be a little offputting ... but thats part of its charm. If you can deal with it then its worth your efforts.

Regarding Guests ... I really don't get what they find to look at ... I have changed as much as I can to try and get these 'guests' registering... short of limiting access to everything ... what more can be done? any suggestions welcome.

Stop offering to meet them in skatepark toilets for a friendly welcome hug :surprise:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2014, 09:16 PM »

Stop offering to meet them in skatepark toilets for a friendly welcome hug :surprise:

your lad asked me!

more users than guests tonight! result.
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Guests and Users

gfxgfx
gfx gfx