gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 10:18 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  U brake recommendations
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: U brake recommendations  (Read 1181 times)

Offline oldskoolg60

• Curb Endo
  • Treat everyone exactly how you wish to be treated
    • Pendle bmx /pump track project
  • Rated:
U brake recommendations
« on: October 26, 2014, 09:09 PM »
just wondered what people recommend when it comes to U brakes. Ive seen some "blank" U brakes for little money, are they any good? What would be a good manufacturer of U brakes. Anodised or coloured as I want to retain a theme on the bike. Many thanks.
I try my best to improve my life everyday. Sometimes I slip.

Offline paulb113

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Re: U brake recommendations
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 09:17 PM »
I have used Oddysey Springfield ones on my new school bikes and they are great and really cheap, I think about 13quid from Winstanleys bmx . The brake blocks works really well and no adjustment needed like normal brakes with the nut and Allen key

Offline nosepickben

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 09:27 PM »
To be perfectly honest, even cheap u-brakes will work fine. Yeah you can get expensive machined arms that are a bit stiffer and lighter, and fancier in colour than the cheaper brakes. And you can get some with low-profile hardware and fancy brake blocks but they don't make much difference. Find something you like the look of, at a sensible price, then take the time to set it up right. Iron out your frictional losses by lubing the cable/nipple seat, brake posts etc, use as little "spring" to pull the blocks away from the rim as possible, and get your blocks aligned well. Et voila.

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 09:26 AM »
Exactly as Ben says

A good working brake isnt down to what make it is but its down to how it has been set up

you can spend £70 or £10 on a brake if its set up shit then its going to work shit :daumenhoch:

Blocks can make a difference but most that come with brakes are good and just need the correct setting up
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 09:27 AM by kev-s »

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 11:44 AM »

Ody evo

Offline garran

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 01:09 PM »
i got hombres on my hoffman and if i'm honest the salt ones on my wtp are better, the diatech magic on my daughters gt beats them all though. brakes blocks- clear is a must, does make a difference

Offline oldskoolg60

• Curb Endo
  • Treat everyone exactly how you wish to be treated
    • Pendle bmx /pump track project
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 07:32 PM »
Thanks everyone  :daumenhoch:
I try my best to improve my life everyday. Sometimes I slip.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  U brake recommendations

gfxgfx
gfx gfx