gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 02:44 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Mat Hoffman to MK this year
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Mat Hoffman to MK this year  (Read 1908 times)

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Mat Hoffman to MK this year
« on: June 01, 2016, 08:47 PM »
I've just stuck this up in the Events section;

My understanding is that Admin are aware of this. There is a page on FB operated by Graham Steel and they're looking to raise £2200 to cover Mats expenses to get him over for MK.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1022977241127599/

They've set up a Paypal account you can donate here:

mathoffmantomk@gmail.com

Anything else you want to know, Graham Steel on Facebook is yer man. 

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Mat Hoffman to MK this year
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 10:55 AM »
How cool would having the Condor at MK be?!  :daumenhoch:
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 01:11 PM »
Why a PayPal account? Why not a just giving page so everyone can see a running total ?

Just strikes me as a bit strange

Offline Steviej40

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 08:38 PM »
I'm so sorry I seem to have upset the applecart with this - I'm the one who has been working to make this happen. I can fill you all in on the RAD ride on Sat or please feel free to PM me and I will be happy to call you and fill you in more.

The last thing I want to do is p i s s any Radsters off - but there has been a post of the forum for some months about trying to organize a Hoffman area at MK this year to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Hoffman Bikes - potentially with something very special.

Mat Hoffman is that something very special

I've been talking to Rich and Griff about it for a few weeks and liaising with Mat Hoffman and Hoffman Bikes for a few months.

I promise it's all above board and I also squared it with Rich and Griff to let me post this Mat Fund stuff on RAD.

I also got the OK from the LIFE and DAYZ guys.

I am not affiliated to any BMX group and I'm really not trying to muscle in, I'm just trying to help make the event that little bit more special for the Radsters who pay their subs - and also to give something back to the organizers who put so much on - for free - with very little thanks.

I moved back here from Australia last Sept after 7-years there so this is my first MK and as its the 25th Anniversary of HB I just had this dream of trying to get Mat there for everyone and thought I'd make some enquiries. Amazingly he said yes - he knew all about MK and wanted to come.

I'm just trying to make it happen and Graham Steel has been helping me spread the word to the widest audience possible and raise the necessary funds. Trust me it's been a lot of work - I've been doing very little else since Mat said he would come.

The idea is for Mat to do a Q&A before or after Bob on the Sat - however the MK organizers want to play it.

We are also hoping to get Mat to judge a HB build off, and maybe - just maybe - have a blast on the ramps.

I've secured a bike to give away as first prize in the build-off and I have a one-off, HB-inspired trophy being made to give away to the winner of Mat's choice. I also have prizes sorted for 2nd and 3rd in the build-off.

I am happy to speak to anyone direct to explain just why it was done this way and not on a GOFUNDME campaign - there is a very good reason based on not making Mat or HB or RAD and MK look bad.

If there is anyone else you think I should be talking to aside from Rich and Griff I am really  happy to - or we can chat about it over a pint on the ride on Saturday.

Cheers all.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Mat Hoffman to MK this year

gfxgfx
gfx gfx