gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 03:27 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  RIP... Mr Arthur Woods
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: RIP... Mr Arthur Woods  (Read 4568 times)

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
Re: RIP... Mr Arthur Woods
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2006, 02:08 PM »
My thoughts are with you and your family Alan.

Dave
haro, how do you do

sadowdgit

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2006, 03:12 PM »
my heart is very heavy today...

i'll always remember him being such a big big part of bmx in the early years .... and traveling to the races in the back of the owd blue van ..... happy memories at such a sad time

R.i.p Athur

and my condolences to Alan and family

Tony Law

HUTCHFACTORYSIMON

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2006, 04:19 PM »
My condolensces to Alan and his family.Arthur Woods did an enormous amount for BMX in this country,taking it from an underground hobby to a fully fledged
sport recognised by the sports council.

Thankyou Arthur for all the hard work you put in,and also for giving us Alan who is still working in the sport,helping kids after 26 years.

RIP

Simon Hayes

daz bmx it!

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2006, 01:50 PM »
Sincere condolences to Alan and his Family in this difficult time.

fuzzynod

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2006, 08:45 PM »
My thoughts are with you and yours Alan.

mantadave

« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2006, 11:48 AM »
RIP  ARTHUR . THERE WAS NO CHRISTMAS IN WIGAN IF IT WAS NOT FOR HIM HE MADE  THOUSANDS OF KIDS DREAMS COME TRUE.
ANOTHER GREAT MAN OF THE BMX WORLD GONE.CONDOLENCES TO ALAN AND FAMILY.  DAVE OWENS

se

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2006, 04:57 PM »
Thoughts are with the Woods family, very sad news.

therock

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2006, 10:54 PM »
my thoughts are with the woods family , absolutely gutted to read this . this man made my birthday and christmas dreams come true every year , would go out of his way to help my mum make me happy with what she bought me . used to be made up to go into the old shop and see him sat in the back room building a bike up , rest in piece pal . ( gutted ) m wilcock

jeff spicoli

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2006, 10:11 PM »
I know its late but I have only just found out . Arthur Woods was a great bloke and looked after Terry and myself bitd. We stayed at the Woods house countless times when we rode for Alan and he really was a great bloke. I was gutted when I saw this thread and my heart goes out to Alan and his family.

I remember we were going down the motorway on our way to do a Torker demo and we had been going for about an hour  towing the ramps on a trailer when Alan said that looks like my dads car behind us , sure enough it was Arthur and he was telling us to pull over (no mobiles then) anyway on the hard shoulder it transpired we had driven 70 miles  on the motorway with the trailer just balanced on the towbar as Arthur had found the locking pin on the floor after we had left. How it stayed on is a mystery but Arthur saved the day and a serious pile up for sure.

I last saw Arthur a few years ago and he looked just like he did bitd so this news has come as a big shock to me .

Rest in peace Arthur me old mate.

Andy Irwin

T Jenkins

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2006, 08:03 AM »
My apologies for the delayed response but I just got an email from Andy about Authur Woods passing away. As Andy explained this has come as a shock. I can't say that I knew him that well but I do recall all the times Andy and I spent with the Woods family Arthur was always happy and enthusiastic, encouraging and guiding Alan towards his dreams.

What more could a son want but love and encouragement, and what more could a father expect but to see his son succeed at what he loves most. Alan was very fortunate to have such a great father, and I know all too well what it is like to lose one. My thoughts go out to Alan and his mum during these difficult times.

Deepest sympathy

Terry Jenkins

Mad Dog

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2006, 06:23 PM »
Mike. Please pass on my regards to Alan and the rest of the Woods Gang.The sport wouldn't have been what it was without the old man.

Pete Middleton.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  RIP... Mr Arthur Woods

gfxgfx
gfx gfx