gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 02:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  brake differences
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: brake differences  (Read 824 times)

ablister

brake differences
« on: August 27, 2006, 12:32 PM »
hi, sorry if this is a stupid question (or an annoying repost) but i'm new to this  ::)

what's the differences between 'V' brakes and 'U' brakes and what's better?

cheers, ali :D

Immortal

Re: brake differences
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 01:03 PM »
dont worry man im a total n00b, would liek to know about these kind of things too, peace

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 01:07 PM »
it depends what u use them for racing would be v brake generaly you set them up close to the rim and work firm .with a u brake is prefered for street park vert as you can apply it with finger pressure so you can moderate the brake pressure in my opinion u brakes for everything but v for racing .old school brakes for old school rides.

Immortal

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 01:18 PM »
ok thanks man, mega help ;) u brakes for me then hehe

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 01:23 PM »
it will depend on where your lugs are on your frame or forks v brake lugs are further down your frame u brakes further up .what do u have if u post a pic of your forks and rear end of bike i will tell u what your bike will take as they dont interchange .

Immortal

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 01:26 PM »
ok thanks man il take a wee pic after ;)

Sanmarcopizza

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 05:21 PM »
Like Dan says. Easiest way to tell what your frame takes is which side of the rim the lugs sit when the wheel is in place. If they are between the rim and the hub, then they will be a V-Brake as the brake pivots from the end of the arm. If they are on the other side of your rim, i.e. the rim is between your hub and mounts when you look at the bike from the side, then they are U-brake mounts as a U brake pivots half way along it's arm.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  brake differences

gfxgfx
gfx gfx