gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 11:20 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Any Skyway Coaster experts on here please?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Any Skyway Coaster experts on here please?  (Read 410 times)

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
Any Skyway Coaster experts on here please?
« on: October 06, 2014, 11:22 AM »
I have a Tuff II with no coaster guts and before I embark on getting some, I would like to know if.....

Bendix and Suntour is the same, just a different drive and fastener?

Is the Skyway hub the same and can either of these be fitted into it or is the hub different too?

Thanks  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 11:28 AM by Gnarlyscoots™ »
BANNED

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Any Skyway Coaster experts on here please?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 07:23 AM »
not sure which way around it is but im sure one takes 3 shims,  the other 4 (brake shoes),  the axel is different to compensate for this,  everytime Ive stripped one down its been slightly different from the other so not interchangeable,  I have loads of skyway coaster spares (used) if you need anything let me know....    :daumenhoch:
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline bmxband1t77

• Cherry Picker
  • '77 a good year (Star Wars-Punk) but not my DOB.
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 03:34 PM »
Seem to remember BITD if you had tuff II aluminium hubs you could drill em out and bolt in the coaster. Or am I having a senior moment? ;-€

From iThing Apple Alien Tech on Tapatalk

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 04:37 PM »
Seem to remember BITD if you had tuff II aluminium hubs you could drill em out and bolt in the coaster. Or am I having a senior moment? ;-€
That is correct  ;)  All UK Tuffs came with the bolt in hubs as they never had one of the two Skyway rivet presses in the UK. That is good scope to know which is which. When the hubs 'crushed in' back then, we took our Tuff's to the local shop who will drill them out and use other hubs to bolt in too.

I am looking to keep the Tuff original though and ride it as a coaster. I never liked the coaster back then but thought I would give it a try, 30 years on  :D   ;D
BANNED

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Any Skyway Coaster experts on here please?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx