gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:34 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Carlisle Aggressor Skinnies???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Carlisle Aggressor Skinnies???  (Read 498 times)

Offline dinglem

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Carlisle Aggressor Skinnies???
« on: September 07, 2014, 10:36 PM »
Anybody got any info on these? I’ve heard of Carlisle Aggressors and have seen them go for mega $$$$$ before but I always thought they were a knobbly tread pattern. I've only ever seen the all black versions on late 70's builds and skinwalls on early 80's bikes. Someone I know over in the US spotted these listed on the US eBay and sent me a cryptic photo of the tread pattern earlier to see if I could ID them and I eventually got the eBay link out of him and won them just now. Worth a punt I thought as I’ve never seen these before and as they were listed incorrectly (poor spelling in the title) I knew there wouldn’t be much interest.

He knows I like skinnies so thought I would be interested in them.

They’re 20 x 1 3/8 so I’m thinking the strange tread pattern might be something to do with them being a variation on the knobbly pattern but with less space (if you know what I mean?) It kinda looks like the normal tread pattern is joined by a rubber diagonal. Actually looks like space invaders  :D

They were listed as ‘NOS Old School Tires’ and I can’t find anything about them online at all. Nothing on the Museum either, and no builds featuring them. I have no idea of dating or anything, or if they’re any use, but they were CHEAP so worth a bid either way! Has anybody come across these before or know roughly how old they are??? Tread pattern almost looks modern.

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Funking in your space since 1984.

Offline dinglem

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: Carlisle Aggressor Skinnies???
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 09:34 AM »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nos-Old-School-BMX-CARLISLE-Aggressor-Set-24-x-2-125-Vintage-Schwinn-Bmx-Cruise-/171449282517?pt=US_Tires&hash=item27eb2c6fd5

This is the only other set of skinwalls currently listed on the Bay..... same sidewall labeling.

Anybody got any more info or have them fitted on their ride?
Funking in your space since 1984.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Carlisle Aggressor Skinnies???

gfxgfx
gfx gfx