gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:20 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  A'ME grips
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A'ME grips  (Read 1121 times)

Offline snoopy72

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
A'ME grips
« on: September 02, 2014, 06:53 AM »
Question please peeps, when buying a pair of A'me grips how do you tell the difference between original 80's and the modern versions ?
Do you think these are original or been matured in the Mexican sunshine ?  ebay  291233878976

Thanks in advance  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 07:07 AM by snoopy72 »

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: A'ME grips
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 05:05 PM »
i may be wrong but i dont remember seeing clear grips in the 80s, i'd guess their modern ones.

Offline snoopy72

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 06:40 PM »
That's what I thought to begin with, I have an early set in grey

Offline eddie kidd

• Rockwalk
  • 22 years 23 days 24 minutes
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 12:46 AM »
I was told it's all in the 'Font'...

Repops have a square font...£10 - £12 (which looks like the font on the back of the bag on the ebay ones for sale...)

Whilst originals have a bubble font...£40 - £50

Hope this helps...
Wanted Green Oakley B2 Grips...Nos...

Offline snoopy72

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 05:06 AM »
Thanks guys that explains it, did they make bubble font clear grips though ? I have grey, If they don't I suppose grey is the closest i'm going to get in an A'ME.

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 11:53 AM »
To the best of my knowledge A'me didn't make a clear grip BITD. Have you looked for clear Winners Circle grips?  The problem you're likely to face with any clear OS grips is that they tend to go a brownish colour over time, unless you're lucky enough to find some still in their packet.

Offline snoopy72

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 06:36 PM »
Yes that's my next move, I missed a set last month, I bet they give you some nasty blisters like the standard mongoose grips ? what grips would you fit to the fatgoose ? not sure the grey bubble fonts are going to look right.
I had repo black mongoose grips on my supergoose and didn't realise I needed to wear gardening gloves before a days riding
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 07:02 PM by snoopy72 »

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 06:43 PM »
Yes that's my next move, I missed a set last month, I bet they give you some nasty blisters like the standard mongoose grips, what grips would you fit to the fatgoose ? not sure the grey bubble fonts are going to look right.

Winners Circle would have been top of my list especially if I wanted clear. BMX Products also promoted Oakley griped in their catalogues so they would look great too.  As for comfort I have Winners Circle on my DeCoster rider and they're perfectly comfortable, or maybe I just can't feel them above the back, hip and knee pain  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline snoopy72

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 07:03 PM »
Yes that's my next move, I missed a set last month, I bet they give you some nasty blisters like the standard mongoose grips ? what grips would you fit to the fatgoose ? not sure the grey bubble fonts are going to look right.
I had repo black mongoose grips on my supergoose and didn't realise I needed to wear gardening gloves before a days riding

Now the question is Chris, where do I get a set ?
what year did grey bubble fonts come out anyway ?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 07:07 PM by snoopy72 »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  A'ME grips

gfxgfx
gfx gfx