gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:39 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Chain woes
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Chain woes  (Read 658 times)

muttley

Chain woes
« on: August 21, 2006, 10:16 AM »
Bit of a strange one this, adjusted my back wheel before racin on Sunday as fitted a new chain, what i have noticed though when i took the slack out of it, tightened up the back wheel and crank the back wheel round, all fine and dandy but what i noticed when i was checking the slack was it was going tight on the up stroke then slack again ??? The chain wheel does seem to be out ever so slightly where it bolts to the crank arm so was wandering if that would casue it?? or am i stupid  :idiot2:

weston

Re: Chain woes
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 10:19 AM »
depends what crank your running, i used a couple of washers on the crank arm to get it exact....

theRuler

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 10:22 AM »
the chain ring being out would cause that

muttley

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 10:27 AM »
Thought so, bit pissed as its a billet FBM and only a few months old  >:( crank arms are Primo, the arm sits flush against the sprocket and the spacer is fitted from behind, cant understand how its got bent  :-\

weston

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 10:29 AM »
i had the same problem & bought a few washers for a couple of pence from my local diy shop to sort the problem out

muttley

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 10:45 AM »
Hmmm might give that a go  :daumenhoch:

NYSoul

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 06:48 PM »
Crazy as it sounds it might also be a tight link on the chain, I had a similar problem. It turned out to be one link that would not move as much as the others and after it had been round the sprocket it was staying kinked instead of flattening out (hope this is making sense). With the chain kinked it was shortening the length and making it go tight.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Chain woes

gfxgfx
gfx gfx