gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 01:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  KHE Beater
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: KHE Beater  (Read 8925 times)

stuartD

KHE Beater
« on: February 07, 2011, 04:16 PM »
I don't know much about mid school bikes mostly do older ones, however picked up a KHE beater for £16 which I thought was to good to say no I think it's quite early judging by the components used on the bike maybe a 96 or a 97.
Are they worth restoring ? are they any good ?

thoughts and opinions please .

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
Re: KHE Beater
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 04:28 PM »
It's Mid-School so do it up  :daumenhoch:

£16's a good price - they weren't top-spec bikes, but they weren't department store bikes either - good and solid. I wanna see piccies!
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

m1ke

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 04:32 PM »
aint seen one of them for years frame was designed by jason davies i think

stuartD

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 04:36 PM »
It needs a bit of work , it's all chrome with a candy red laquer over the frame but I was thinking of a blast and a powder coat in a matt silver or gun metal grey.

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 04:44 PM »
Lovely :) It's an early one as the later one's came with a headtube gusset.

If you're going to get it blasted find someone that knows what they're up to as I've seen blasted frames that have lost all the weld detailing etc from the blasting, and gun-metal grey sounds good  :daumenhoch:

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 05:30 PM »
Actually that looks like the last of the 1" headtube versions before they went to 1 1/8. The earliest Ones did have the headtube gusset, then they changed to the type You have with a larger downtube slightly ovalized at the headtube, then went 1 1/8 with the larger downtube and gusset, so it's kind of an inbetweener! I had the same as Yours in white, 20.2" toptube iirc, nice frame  :daumenhoch: 
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

subversion

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 05:56 PM »
Here's mine from BITD, had the gusset with 1" HT

Rode OK but probably part of the 'bad back' contribution of riding mid-skool tanks ;)

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 07:15 PM »
Nice set up  :daumenhoch: I'll have to try & find some pics of mine, it also had a 1pc & 1" aheadset Mosherforks!
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

stuartD

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 01:19 PM »
Yes I have to admit it's not the lightest bike inthe collection but feels nice and solid to ride , and that's after being left in a shed for god knows how long.

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 01:34 PM »
Yes I have to admit it's not the lightest bike inthe collection but feels nice and solid to ride , and that's after being left in a shed for god knows how long.

I love dem tanks from 96-2000  :daumenhoch: Something comforting about the late mid-school when you know for the majority that the frames not gonna crack on you.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 07:37 PM »
Nowt wrong with a beater   :daumenhoch:   

Offline Tonto

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 04:56 PM »
tis one solid frame ive had mine from new the only fing ive changed is the crank and pedals i fink  ::)

« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 05:00 PM by khebeater »

essenem

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2011, 09:41 PM »
hell yes my friend, well worth restoring in my opinion. if you go the whole hog with a grind disc and four pegs etc you can save on going to the gym as lifting it will have you looking like geoff capes in no time too. bonus!

tulumemaliksi

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2011, 09:43 AM »
hi...may i ask what is the headtube/headset size of the KHE beater frame...my 1 1/8 threadless headset won't fit on it...thank you very much and how about the bottom bracket?

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2011, 09:49 AM »
hi...may i ask what is the headtube/headset size of the KHE beater frame...my 1 1/8 threadless headset won't fit on it...thank you very much and how about the bottom bracket?

If your 1 1/8 HS is too big, then it's a 1" headset you need. Also they're all US bottom brackets.

Offline Beaterman

• Curb Endo
  • If you can't Beater them.... Join em!
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2014, 03:44 PM »
Hi Guys - ive just started my 96 Beater project - took the delivery on a frame a couple of weeks ago - im looking for beater parts if you happen to have any left over from your projects?

cheers

J
Who needs breaks when you have perfectly solid concrete!

Offline GAVIN72

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2014, 12:25 PM »
If you use paint stripper and a plastic scraper you should be able to reveal a beutiful chrome finish underneath.  Thats what i would do and the chrome should have been protected from rust and scuffs by the red paint.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  KHE Beater

gfxgfx
gfx gfx