gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 28, 2024, 10:10 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Finally finished my Mid School Rider
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Finally finished my Mid School Rider  (Read 1598 times)

Offline EDBANGER

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Finally finished my Mid School Rider
« on: June 22, 2014, 04:09 PM »
My memories of Mid School are pretty much drooling over GT and Hoffman bikes.  I saw this frame set going on here for a pleasant price and just liked the look of it.  It's a little later than I would have been coverting back in the day as it's a 2001 Dave Voelker Metal Issue but like I say.......I just liked the look of it.  I've learned a lot whilst putting this together as previously I'd had no experience of threadless forks, 3 peice cranks & U-brakes.  Such luxuries were simply out of my price range BITD.  I even bought some NOS Odyessy sealed hubs and laced them myself which I rather enjoyed and they roll sooooo smooth. 

The only thing doing my head in is the brake squeel.  I put the wheels on yesterday and the brake squeel had gone.  I changed the front sprocket today and now the brake squeel is back  >:(  The pads are Odyssey ghost pads which are designed already toe'd in and none adjust in that sense.  Any ideas on how to make them stop screaming? 

My next toy is going to be a Hoffman Taj.  Bought from Philbert on here and signed by Taj himself back in 2007.  I was intending it to be a slow and steady build but I've already got some Hoffman Super forks, Slam bars and Profile Crank so it may be a little quicker than anticipated  :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 04:12 PM by EDBANGER »

rodriguez

Re: Finally finished my Mid School Rider
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 06:45 PM »
Great job   :coolsmiley:

Offline solow79

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 07:03 PM »
I like this a lot. Quite sinister looking if that makes sense 8)

Offline Bfellows

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 08:11 PM »
I like this a lot. Quite sinister looking if that makes sense 8)

Stick a black chain on it and it would look quite brooding - if that makes any sense......
You always need a cheese option......

Offline EDBANGER

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 08:55 PM »
I know exactly what you mean.  It was the moody look that I liked.  Black chain could be interesting.  I'll wait until this one brakes first though.

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 09:02 PM »
black chain, grips, crank, death, sabbath  :daumenhoch:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

rodriguez

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 09:35 PM »
black chain, grips, crank, death, sabbath  :daumenhoch:

ahem you forgot the black wall tyres   ;)

would look good   :daumenhoch:

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2014, 10:18 PM »
 :daumenhoch:   looking good that pal   :daumenhoch:     Very Metal  :slayer: :slayer:     

suppose the obvious one with the ghost pads is are they on the right way round ,   also you can add a bit more toe in to the block by rubbing down the curved (toe in) bit , ghost pads are quite squashy so the toe in sometimes is not enough if you pull the brakes hard ,  i say sometimes as they are  bit of odd one the ghost pads,  had a few sets some squeak some don't , the squeaky ones i rubbed down and it stopped it  :daumenhoch:

Offline Shakeyjakey

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2014, 06:40 PM »
Seat guts are upside down

Offline EDBANGER

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2014, 07:04 PM »
Seat guts are upside down

Damn you.  Due to the seat post I didn't think I could get it on any other way.  Due to you noticing and it doing my head in I've just sorted it out at the expense of my fingers.   :D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Finally finished my Mid School Rider

gfxgfx
gfx gfx