gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 07:20 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  CW racing frame and Elina seat valuation (sorry)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: CW racing frame and Elina seat valuation (sorry)  (Read 774 times)

Offline lewisjb

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
CW racing frame and Elina seat valuation (sorry)
« on: June 10, 2014, 10:24 AM »
Good Morning all,

Please accept my apologies for the valuation request. i recently come across these aparts and although not really the era i am in two thought i would pick them up. I am selling them but would appreciate a valuation roughly (and fair) so i can post in the for sale section. I may then also consider part ex/ swap for something mid school.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301209330384'ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301209383192'ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2648

any info would be great

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: CW racing frame and Elina seat valuation (sorry)
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 11:03 AM »
Your CW isn't that desirable unfortunately. It's a late 87/88 frame. It's a Z-750/1000/1500 era. The forks are not CW made. Do they have 'Spinner' stamped on them? They look like Z-2000 forks but the rear dropouts are not.

It's been repainted as it's not a factory colour for that era. Is there any other colour paint in the bottom bracket. Blue or pink?

Value? £100 wouldn't be rude but no more than £150 in my opinion.

Please remove NOS from your ebay advert "nono"

Your seat is worth more than the frame :daumenhoch:
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline Andy68

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 11:42 AM »
Mr CW!!  :4_17_5:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 11:42 AM »
That Swan Guy knows his CW shyte!   :daumenhoch:

Offline lewisjb

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 11:46 AM »
hi, no obvious other colour paint. The only bike i have found on the museum that looks like is a 20 inch Pro-Motion in the same colour. Did the make a 20 inch pro motion? i can find more info on a 24 inch one but not a 20 inch.

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/cw/42148

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 12:11 PM »
Your bike isn't a Pro Motion for the following reasons:

Pro Motion frames were made in the US and the serial numbers are stamped on the outside of the right rear dropout.

Pro Motion serial numbers begin with PM###

Yours is a non-US made frame with the serial on the bottom bracket and as a consequence is heavier by build.

Yours has CW stamped on the gusset again indicative of a non-US frame set.

The front forks have holes drilled in the dropouts, only seen on Z-2000.

This isn't a Z-2000 frame as the rear dropouts on a Z-2000 have a different shape to the standard CW rear dropout and have holes in them.

The colour way is not standard for the year yours was produced, paint and decals can be found at various outlets.

As CW went commercial in the mid-late 80s lots of models were produced and although serial numbers can only be used as a guide it's not a bad guide. They did mix and match at times to get bikes in the shops so having the fork/frame mix you have isn't impossible. The advert for the Z-1500 even stated that they were using the non-US Pro Motion frame for that model. (This is what I think you have) The forks are not standard CW forks and the frame is mid-late 80s. The colour whilst not factory is cool, I know, this is one of my Cruisers:

Here is my Pro Motion for reference, note the holeless forks and no stamp on gusset.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 12:54 PM by That Swan Guy »

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • RADBury 1st May (Bank Holiday Sunday)
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 10:32 AM »
Well that's cleared that up
Jono

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 11:00 AM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  CW racing frame and Elina seat valuation (sorry)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx