gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 17, 2024, 10:12 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  99% survivor 99 ripper pro with odd frame ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 99% survivor 99 ripper pro with odd frame ?  (Read 969 times)

Offline Hongkongflip

• Curb Endo
  • SE
  • Rated:
99% survivor 99 ripper pro with odd frame ?
« on: June 11, 2014, 09:37 PM »
I have been striping and cleaning it this week. I know what it is, and what all the parts are. What I don't know is why the frame is different to other PK Rippers ?

Lots of random pictures here...bike was used a few times then sat in a garage the last 14 years.....But look at the seat clamp area.....

http://s969.photobucket.com/user/DEVILMENT/slideshow/bmx/pk%20ripper
SE racing crow bars/ wing bars,, team pedals ...98/99 profile stem xl

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
Re: 99% survivor 99 ripper pro with odd frame ?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 10:09 PM »
Nice bike a Ripper is :)

Looks like a regular '96+ frame though with built in seatclamp (although I'm no SE expert so probably missing something).
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

Offline Hongkongflip

• Curb Endo
  • SE
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 10:41 PM »
Nice bike a Ripper is :)

Looks like a regular '96+ frame though with built in seatclamp (although I'm no SE expert so probably missing something).

:)
It is a 1999 std pro....Just missing grips and most of the decals....  The seat stays extend farther past the seat clamp than on normal rippers....Normally  the weld of the top tub mixes in with the weld of the seat stays and joins to the clamp,  but on this frame the welds do not touch and the clap has no side weld.

Here is a normal frame....
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/mid-school-pk-ripper-xl-frame-mini-forks-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/l0MAAOxykMpTH4IG/$_35.JPG

And here is my frame....

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 10:46 PM »
Alex AL-DM 24    ,    set of Tioga Comp III    and     Crow bars    PLUS   a Ripper with an interesting Ripper frame, mystery maybe (what was it with the serials on the BB again ....Fuji, Killers..?) .......Quad build, we're a'comin        Well done, Flip, bargain if you ask me :daumenhoch:

Offline Hongkongflip

• Curb Endo
  • SE
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 11:16 PM »
Alex AL-DM 24    ,    set of Tioga Comp III    and     Crow bars    PLUS   a Ripper with an interesting Ripper frame, mystery maybe (what was it with the serials on the BB again ....Fuji, Killers..?) .......Quad build, we're a'comin        Well done, Flip, bargain if you ask me :daumenhoch:

Haha....I was just after the wheels and bars initially (not that i knew what bars they were) , then ride it. but I got a bit more than I bargained for. I didn't expect it to be all OG bits without much use.
 ..Fuji are bottom of BB serial numbered.....it seems top of BB serial numbers are export and not just on quad killers but rippers too..and pro's..like this one....I still do not know what my quad is, its x3 parts missing from a quad and 3 parts missing from a killer...  If some one told me they done a baby blue export Team.....Thats what it would be.

Now I am a bit stuck what to do....I didn't plan on collecting SE bikes...I can see me resuming the hunt for some more wheels with stickers in good nick and a pair of crowbars or wing bars + a set of grips and stickers for this ripper.

I still don't have a bike I  can go out and abuse, and I cant keep buying bikes.....I must admit its fun hunting out something a bit different though :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  99% survivor 99 ripper pro with odd frame ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx