gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975662 Posts in 138930 Topics by 6351 Members - Latest Member: Spencerkidd July 15, 2024, 04:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  BILLY STUPPLE....... WE SALUTE YOU
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BILLY STUPPLE....... WE SALUTE YOU  (Read 7865 times)

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: BILLY STUPPLE....... WE SALUTE YOU
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2006, 10:27 PM »
Cool stuff Mr Stupple  :coolsmiley:

Spent a long time chatting to Chris Young's dad yesterday at Hayes - nice bloke and haven't seen him in over 20 years  :daumenhoch:

Yeah he was a top bloke, if it wasn`t for Dave Young and his early quarter pipes freestyle would have taken alot longer to takeoff in this county, did he mention how Chris is nowdays.

He just said he was keeping busy  :LolLolLolLol:  We spent most of the time talking about how rad the new tracks are and how hard it was to get funding from councils bitd  :LolLolLolLol:

Craig Schofield also turned up too, but didn't ride as he was still suffering from his crash last year at Bournemouth  :shocked:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2006, 11:07 PM »
And one of me................................. ;)

which one's you rob?
kickturn par excellance?

Yeah mate.  They made me wear that goofy uniform to 'liven up' the pictures......grrrrr......  Check out my bike, no colours for me back then everything was black or chrome (caustic'd DX, best i could do...)  even running black and grey Vans......

Shame I was 20 years too early  ;D ;D ;D

mike pardon

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2006, 09:06 AM »
Go BIlly,, wish i could do that!

P0LL0

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2006, 09:50 AM »
"Nothing Really" Says Billy "Though sometimes i wonder if i'm going to get down, cos there's always the risk i might hook up the back wheel on the edge of the ramp"

FFS MIGHT hook up the back wheel  :LolLolLolLol:

Seriously though, and i dont mind admitting it Bill was my hero BITD and 22 years later i get to ride with him  :daumenhoch:

Is that Dave Spurdens BMX Book by the way?? I think i remember it  :2funny:

silentpartner

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2006, 02:25 PM »
the billy photos are out of bmx action hot shots, the chris young ones are from dave spurdens bmx freestyle

madall

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2006, 05:26 PM »
Cool stuff Mr Stupple  :coolsmiley:

Spent a long time chatting to Chris Young's dad yesterday at Hayes - nice bloke and haven't seen him in over 20 years  :daumenhoch:

Where is Chris Young these days?

piper

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2006, 04:12 PM »

This guy made you go and practice till it hurt...and then some.. a true legend even in Dundee...!!! :4_17_5:

bmxeric

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2006, 10:22 PM »
all hale billy :LolLolLolLol:

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2006, 05:31 PM »
yeah. This deserves some good credit. Not many people in those early days were getting that much height. Its a lot easier to get 6 ft out of a bowl once you've seen someone else demonstrate it's  possible.  :4_17_5:
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  BILLY STUPPLE....... WE SALUTE YOU

gfxgfx
gfx gfx