gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 11:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Want to chat to other 40+ riders out there
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Want to chat to other 40+ riders out there  (Read 425 times)

Offline Tubb Tatt2 Guy

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Want to chat to other 40+ riders out there
« on: May 28, 2014, 10:27 PM »
hey . I am looking to get back into the bmx culture and wanted to chat to any 40+ riders about their time riding . I would look forward to anyone contacting me . Looking forward to hearing from you all .

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
Re: Want to chat to other 40+ riders out there
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 09:26 AM »
Hey bud. Most of us old schoolers are going to be 40+.  You'll find that growing up in the 70s and 80s will mean that you have more in common with folk on here than just BMX, as you read through the site lots of memories are likely to be triggered.

There are a few ex-sponsored riders on here, some semi pro but mostly its street riders with tales of their neighbourhoods and school bike sheds.

Typically folk start back into the hobby with a desire to either rebuild their first BMX, their favourite BMX or the shiny one in the neighbourhood or magazine that they couldn't afford back in the day (BITD - get used to the acronyms!)  :)

There are lots of rides, mainly up North (check your jabs) but there are others that you're welcome to join - check out

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,12.0.html for members events

or

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,34.0.html for official events including the biggest one of all at Milton Keynes 16 & 17 August.

So tell us a little something about yourself, what you rode BITD, what you plan to build first, trust me it will be the first of many  :D  and where in the country you are etc. I'm sure folk local to you will contribute soon  :daumenhoch:

Chris  :)

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 02:51 PM »
Yeahh, Chris is bang on about the average age of us on here :daumenhoch:

Most important thing to do is get to MK14 and you will not believe how many like-minded fools there are :LolLolLolLol:

As for riding,  you will need your jabs as us more northernly members ride the most often, either at private hire skatepark nights or the other great sport of pub-crawling :2funny:

Saying that, the London ride is really well attended and usually happens a few times a year so keep a watch for that one :coolsmiley:

Welcome to Rad by the way - I hope you have waived goodbye to any disposable income as it's a bit addictive once you start building and riding :shocked:
Still limping......

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • RADBury 1st May (Bank Holiday Sunday)
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 06:17 PM »
watch this link from radbury 2014 this is what its all about, welcome to RADbmx

Jono

Offline Tubb Tatt2 Guy

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 10:10 AM »
Hey . Thanks for your replies . I was wondering if anyone out there knew where I can get some custom stickers made for a custom build I hope to make in the future . Any names or stuff like that would be really useful . Thanks

Offline Hurricane1

• Curb Endo
  • Goin flat out critical in the 80's
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 02:12 PM »
Del is the man :slayer:
del@del-cals.co.uk

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Want to chat to other 40+ riders out there

gfxgfx
gfx gfx