gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 05:42 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  A Passing Phase or Frankenstein Fetish?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A Passing Phase or Frankenstein Fetish?  (Read 556 times)

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
A Passing Phase or Frankenstein Fetish?
« on: May 28, 2014, 03:33 PM »
At the Happy Bike Meeting I attended a couple of weekends ago http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,174538.0.html this Kuwi really caught my eye…

As you can see, with its white front Skyway, faded blue rear z-rim, Powerlite powerbends with green A'MEs, mismatched pads, an orange uni seatpost and blue Kashi seat, it’s a real mish-mash of parts and colours! Not everyone’s cup of tea perhaps but I flippin’ loved it!!  :daumenhoch:

Then I spotted Kaner’s Dirt Bros complete for sale on here http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,174449.0.html  and was struck by the same feeling, ie. I want that bike, especially upon discovering that it’s an ’84 T/A in disguise.  :smitten:

So what’s the point of this post? Well I’m in the midst of a Laserlite build http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,170336.0.html and despite promising myself not to get carried away with finding the “right” parts, have found myself doing just that! Granted, it’s my grail bike so I want it to look good but at the same time, I intend to ride the mean streets of Tokyo with it and I’m kind of thinking that something like that Frankenstein Kuwi or Kaner’s Dirt Bros would be far more practical to own and use as my weekend rider, whilst still looking cool as fook! So have I lost the plot or am I just going through a mid-build crisis?  :idiot2:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
Re: A Passing Phase or Frankenstein Fetish?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 03:46 PM »
That Kuwi looks the nuts, as does Ben's Dirt Bro's. Just how we used to ride 'em back then with all mis matched parts. We never gave a t*** about getting the parts to match or colour coding.

I say go for it bro and build it exactly as you would have as a 10 year old  :daumenhoch:
BANNED

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 04:19 PM »
Nice bike, reminds me of Paul Roberts' old Supergoose from bitd; proper oldschool!

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline chubby

• BMX Nerd
  • Needs Pegs
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 05:11 PM »
Throw anything at it & see what comes out the other end. Just doing exactly that myself  :whistle:
WANTED : 1" freestyle forks, uglier the better

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 10:20 PM »
Throw anything at it & see what comes out the other end. Just doing exactly that myself  :whistle:

My dp's been like that, been in-build for about 8 years now, changed colours twice and god knows how many different parts combo's. One day I'll decide it's finished  :-\

As for the kuwi, exactly how I rode bikes back in the 80's, nothing ever matched but I didn't give a damn, newest bit straight on on return from the shops with latest saturday-job wages purchase, then over the common for a thrash around. The best days.
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

monkian

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 10:33 AM »
Love it. Looks like it warped straight to Tokyo from BITD 8)
It's the future :)

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 09:07 PM »
Really like that kuwi, I like the mixed up look

Offline chubby

• BMX Nerd
  • Needs Pegs
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 09:31 PM »

My dp's been like that, been in-build for about 8 years now, changed colours twice and god knows how many different parts combo's. One day I'll decide it's finished  :-\

As for the kuwi, exactly how I rode bikes back in the 80's, nothing ever matched but I didn't give a damn, newest bit straight on on return from the shops with latest saturday-job wages purchase, then over the common for a thrash around. The best days.

Got a feeling mine will end up always being tinkered with & never actually be "finished"  :LolLolLolLol:
WANTED : 1" freestyle forks, uglier the better

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2014, 05:27 AM »
Thanks for the comments guys!  :daumenhoch:  Sounds as though we've all got a soft spot for a bit of Franken bmx action...

From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2014, 04:15 PM »
most bmx`s back in the day were a mish mash of parts and colours as we just rode them and didn`t care what it looked like  , where as these days everything is over polished perfect which is not what we rode bitd
no1stuntmaster on instagram

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  A Passing Phase or Frankenstein Fetish?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx