gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 01:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Quadangle ID ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Quadangle ID ?  (Read 5283 times)

Offline Hongkongflip

• Curb Endo
  • SE
  • Rated:
Quadangle ID ?
« on: May 29, 2014, 10:58 AM »
Hi

So I went out a few days ago and came back with a quadangle.. Initially it was to just ride, but now i am wondering if it might be quite rare and worth getting back original.

If anyone knows it would be great....I have asked at the museum also cos i figured they must know quads, but nothing yet :(

1/8 HT..........21.5 TT....26.8mm ST.......Odysy A brake...profile/tioga/formula sealed bearings....175 profile crank...alex rims....velo seat....kalloy post....Tektro 318A lever....se unmarked stem?....se sprocket

SE racing crow bars/ wing bars,, team pedals ...98/99 profile stem xl

Offline Hongkongflip

• Curb Endo
  • SE
  • Rated:
Re: Quadangle ID ?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 11:04 AM »
P.S   I am thinking AL /AC / XXL /PRO/KILLER/TEAM   98-99-2000  ???   

I think.......
87 had smaller seat post. 22.2 mm   so not 87
Fuji made ones had bigger 27.2mm  seat post, so pre 2000/2001 ???
Fuji made ones had frame number on BB....top or bottom????
98/99/2000 should have frame number on rear  drop out ???
I read somewhere that killer kit numbers were on BB  ???

Did the pro have ID on BB or drop outs????
What hubs are they ???? (formula)
What is the date for that chain ring ????
That stem...se racing ???  (picture of bike,,,,,pro,,,,seems to point that way) ????
Where was it made if not fuji or usa????
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 02:48 PM by Hongkongflip »

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 05:00 PM »
first of all, sorry i know nowt bout these bikes       ..however i read that cantis are a from 1996 on.

THis 1996 one (http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/se_racing/8599/2 DESGID69's bike) seems to have profiles, your saddle and post and stem -- but can't see the serial. On another 1996 one in the museum there unfortunaltely is a serial on the drops, and .....

oh wait
look at this pic of the bike i posted ----- enlargen it a few times:
http://bmxmuseum.com/image/my_quad_004_lg.jpg

....doesn't it look to have a serial on the BB..........? :-[

....my uneducated pure guess is 1996.

edit:
can't find those cable guides ona 1998 anymore, so my bet is placed :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 05:27 PM by fischflo »

Offline Hongkongflip

• Curb Endo
  • SE
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 06:35 PM »
first of all, sorry i know nowt bout these bikes       ..however i read that cantis are a from 1996 on.

THis 1996 one (http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/se_racing/8599/2 DESGID69's bike) seems to have profiles, your saddle and post and stem -- but can't see the serial. On another 1996 one in the museum there unfortunaltely is a serial on the drops, and .....

oh wait
look at this pic of the bike i posted ----- enlargen it a few times:
http://bmxmuseum.com/image/my_quad_004_lg.jpg

....doesn't it look to have a serial on the BB..........? :-[

....my uneducated pure guess is 1996.

edit:
can't find those cable guides ona 1998 anymore, so my bet is placed :daumenhoch:

Thank you for having a look. You are right, that bike looks exactly like mine ish. And yes it looks to have the ID numbers in the same place,, even looks like the guy i bought it offs  garden. lol
I just went and measured the size of my forks at 28mm so am sure they are 1 1/8" ......

http://bmxmuseum.com/image/98_quad_4.jpg

^^  here seems to be a 98 with the guides, allso has the same stem.....My head is starting to  hurt. lol
:)

Just had a look on google map and dont think its his garden. lol   Those two stickers are in exact same place though....Am am wondering if his is a 99 killer and he got it wrong.  I mean id in same place and components pretty much the same judging by the pic, not his list.  ????

« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 06:56 PM by Hongkongflip »

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 07:29 PM »
i just seen a 99 with those cable guides :LolLolLolLol: :D

well if that is not the exact SAME bike -yours and DESGID69's-, then the similarities could mean smth ....= the brakes and the, post, saddle.

about the brakes
all the 97, 98, 99 bikes seem to have had other than ODYssey A brakes
1997 Quadangle Pro   DC VC 747
1998  Quadangle AC Pro and AC Killer f.example came with Tektro 911A.
1999 AL Pro with Tektro 912A

me head is shrunk to 1'' ;D
DESGID69's   head tube is 1'' ...?!?    i hope he's wrong, cuz i bet on his quad ;)

edit:  the info that pre 1996's didn't have canti is bull   ....just seen loads with  "help"
however the 1995 Quad supposedly had Odyssey Pitbull brakes.

edit: me once again lol .....seems meticulous has a 1998 Quad (http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,119567.msg1156728.html#msg1156728)....  you could ask him if his has serials on the BB

10 4,  ....  :smiley6600:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 08:35 PM by fischflo »

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 08:56 PM »
i don't believe it! His bike is now listed under 1999! He changed it, seems he believed you ....more than me :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Hongkongflip

• Curb Endo
  • SE
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 10:03 PM »
i don't believe it! His bike is now listed under 1999! He changed it, seems he believed you ....more than me :LolLolLolLol:

Whaha, I think we solved it then,, Thank you  :D  great.  It a 1999 AL quadangle killer. Now I just want to know where they were made.  I read somewhere that they were made over seas, from a usa point of view, and were only for export....killer kits I think they called them.

Allso what should i do with it as it seems they are quite rare. It all ready has a few chips here and there and the back rim is not exactly the best condition, but not to bad either. looks like someone ran it with worn out blocks at some time, and looking on the net, all the bits for them are in the states and im broke. lol

Thanks again for the help :)

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 10:06 PM »
You solved it, Flip ----- mabrook :daumenhoch:

http://www.epinions.com/review/SE_Racing_Quadangle_AL_Killer_1999/content_208197095044'sb=1

" This was the last year that the SE's were hand built in the US before it was sold to Fuji."

Offline Hongkongflip

• Curb Endo
  • SE
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 10:36 PM »
You solved it, Flip ----- mabrook :daumenhoch:

http://www.epinions.com/review/SE_Racing_Quadangle_AL_Killer_1999/content_208197095044'sb=1

" This was the last year that the SE's were hand built in the US before it was sold to Fuji."
Oh, he suggests made in usa. hmm, any made in stickers and safety ones are long gone. I am left pondering the team sticker on the frame as it looks the right condition compared to the others, I mean, looks original.  I know they made a team 04 cos that's what I thought I was buying. lol

All so I wonder where the rest of them are, there must be more than 2 left alive....Surly they made a few hundred to export!

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 10:50 PM »
http://www.bmxsociety.com/topic/29896-1999-se-xl-quad-usa-made/
"Here is another list for you. This is the Quadangle "Killer" kit which was the complete Quadangle with the overseas built frame. Serial number on the bottom bracket not the rear stay."
"Brakeset Tektro 911A brakes, Tektro 341A levers "

.....think we should find a review in a 1999 mag ., oh don't know what to think, i'll have some beers now and raise my glass to whoever will solve this mystery :teef:

Offline Hongkongflip

• Curb Endo
  • SE
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2014, 11:19 PM »
http://www.bmxsociety.com/topic/29896-1999-se-xl-quad-usa-made/
"Here is another list for you. This is the Quadangle "Killer" kit which was the complete Quadangle with the overseas built frame. Serial number on the bottom bracket not the rear stay."
"Brakeset Tektro 911A brakes, Tektro 341A levers "

.....think we should find a review in a 1999 mag ., oh don't know what to think, i'll have some beers now and raise my glass to whoever will solve this mystery :teef:

Yes I think that's where I read it :)
here is the 99 spec one
http://www.bikepedia.com/quickbike/BikeSpecs.aspx?year=1999&brand=SE+Racing&model=Quadangle+AL+Killer

They have the spec for the 97 killer/98 pro/killer and 99 pro on there too... I spent hours trying to work out exactly what bits I had, even had a magnifier on the chain.

The hubs I could not work out. I think the difference is in the flange height between the killer and pro....and I couldn't figure out what the landing gear max forks on the 98 killer were.   oh and I didn't even bother with  the spokes. lol

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2014, 11:29 PM »
strange ....didn#t find that on there before.........

i'll read it 2morrow and try to understand then ....... ;)  Terrier, you!

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2014, 11:37 AM »
Huh, must have overlooked that (still doesn't show me a 1997 Killler though..?!) ..weird ..ouch my head.. but Ody A-brake, Tektro 318A rear lever ..there you have it. It's a match. So you have those Formula MC 31F hubs? Or what exactly makes you question that, if all the rest is identical? .. or any other differences there? :laugh:

Offline Hongkongflip

• Curb Endo
  • SE
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2014, 01:41 PM »
Me bad, it lists an 87 pro quad......Initially I was comparing the hub to the pro, which has  V31 hubs. I could not find a picture of either on the net.  Yes lever , brake, rims,seat post and crank seem right.  The seat is the same make as  the 88 AC Pro, a Velo .

The chain ring on mine is SE but the spec say "profile racing crank set",  the picture of that other lads bike has a profile chain ring.
The 98/99 killer says profile xl stem, but I think I have se team product from the pro quad.

Must fly out a moment....

Offline Hongkongflip

• Curb Endo
  • SE
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2014, 02:35 PM »
Here is a link to an as new 88 xxl (pro?) that has the stem.

http://bmxmuseum.com/image/98_quad_1_lg.jpg

I am thinking the first time that style se chain ring was used was 99/2000, and im sure its original to the bike. So now it has me thinking that may be the team sticker was about the stem and chain wheel being se, maybe ?

I saw a profile chain ring on ebay that was that era, so got it (same as on the other killer)  Now I need to find a stem as this se one has no height to it, and some bigger bars. lol    TBH I cant see me having a ride on it for a while cost I just cant afford to go get tyres, pedals and bars all in one go :(

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Quadangle ID ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx