gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 03:34 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Recommended Chromers in the South - Sorry to ask this old question
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Recommended Chromers in the South - Sorry to ask this old question  (Read 589 times)

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
A little while ago a few of you were recommending a good charmers in Southampton and I bookmarked their web site. Problem is I've recently changed my laptop and lost all my old links. I've had a search on here today but can't seem to find the original thread.

I think it was Hampshire Electroplaters (http://hampshireelectroplating.co.uk) but just wanted to check here to make sure, I think 'Juan' and a few others had some bits done with them that they were very happy with. If anyone knows could you please confirm or advise.

If not, does anyone have any other recommendations, I'm approx 20 miles north of Portsmouth on the A3 (Petersfield-Haslemere area) and happy to travel reasonable distance in any direction.

Thanks Guys  :4_17_5:
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
I need a good chromers too what are you having chromed? I need a set of Monkey Bars chromed what sort of price should that cost.

Cheers bodamus :)

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Hi Ian,

Set of bars myself (Gen 2 VDC woody's). I'm anticipating the £30-£50 range. I was planning on popping down to them this week if someone could confirm I've identified the right place. If you wanted to post yours to me I could drop them off for you (assuming I can assure they're good charmers).

Be good matey  and pm me if you're interested :daumenhoch:
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Thanks Pete if you find out any info let me know I was guessing aroud the £40 mark but might be cheaper if we have more items to chrome?

Ian :daumenhoch:

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Hey Ian, it is these guys, I've just found the original post I was thinking of:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,108571.msg1738280.html#msg1738280

I'll be emailing them today and will pm you when I get a response.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
I was at Hampshire Electroplaters this week dropping in some Galindos and unstamped SE forks for Bert. The price was £100 + VAT. Turnaround was 4 weeks.

They recently refinished 2 sets of JMC bars for me and the finish was incredible, the welds were respected and there were no flat spots as their prep and polishing is first class. They charged £50 + VAT per set.

I honestly wouldn't hesitate in recommending them. They used to do the chrome for Curtis and Rickman - just look at a Curtis' finish  :smitten:   The same guys are there now.

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Thanks Jaan  :daumenhoch:

And you're right your bars look flawless, is that their standard finish or did you have request anything special to get them that good: triple chrome, show finish etc

I've just emailed them so hopefully I'll be popping in this week.

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:

And you're right your bars look flawless, is that their standard finish or did you have request anything special to get them that good: triple chrome, show finish etc

Normal service. It's an old company that is built on reputation, they treat every job with equal respect.

Like I said they have BMX heritage, I didn't need to tell them about the welds etc because they beat me to it.

You're in good hands

Chris  :)

Offline Bfellows

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
I was at Hampshire Electroplaters this week dropping in some Galindos and unstamped SE forks for Bert. The price was £100 + VAT. Turnaround was 4 weeks.

Remind me to pay you at some point..........  ;D
You always need a cheese option......

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:

Remind me to pay you at some point..........  ;D

Remind me to tell you that I dropped your parts at the platers  ;D

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:

Normal service. It's an old company that is built on reputation, they treat every job with equal respect.

Like I said they have BMX heritage, I didn't need to tell them about the welds etc because they beat me to it.

You're in good hands

Chris  :)

Thanks Chris  :daumenhoch:

Can't wait to get my parts to them now, oh the joys of a week off of work.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Recommended Chromers in the South - Sorry to ask this old question

gfxgfx
gfx gfx