gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 11:47 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Spoke help?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Spoke help?  (Read 649 times)

Offline ade

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Spoke help?
« on: May 23, 2014, 12:02 AM »
Hi all, first post no pressure  :P

Anyway, got hold of some NOS spokes but they are a bit long for the wheel build, is there anyone on here that can help cut them down? My local shop are hopeless :(

Ta

Adrian

Offline hokuspokus74

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: Spoke help?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 12:28 AM »
Hey ade if you contact NORTY40 see if he can help i know he has a mate that can make you any size you require :daumenhoch:
or if you contact stidds he knows all the wheel building jargon he might be able to help...means if you get NORTY to get you ones from his mate you can hold on to them other one's coz if you get someone to cut them down for you they might charge you 20-30 p per spoke to cut a thread it :daumenhoch:

there all great guys on here and really helpful :coolsmiley:

graham :nuts:
Too many cool bikes out there,  not enough money in my wallet :D

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 01:11 AM »
or you could use the spoke calculator thread in Tech & Restoration, follow the link,measure your hubs and rims and buy the right length spokes. :daumenhoch:
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline snoopy72

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 07:35 AM »
How much longer are they ? when the wheel is built and tru'd , if it's sticking through no more than 2 mm you can carefully grind it flush with the nipple, I always run a disc over the top of the nipples before fitting the rim tape just to remove any slightly raised or sharp edges.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Spoke help?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx