gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 09:34 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Profile spider resto!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Profile spider resto!  (Read 596 times)

Offline sweetg

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Profile spider resto!
« on: May 21, 2014, 05:57 PM »
Hi Rad Crew, need some help, advice tips ect. I am doing the Vector build 'Sweetg's ' and got myself some profile gen 3 cranks and a spider from usa, the crank arms were in good nick but needed re chroming for show, but the spider is also not show worthy it has the usual nicks, a scratch, not deep I know most will cover with ring arm and bolts, but would love all tips and advice weather or not to clean the imperfections up and mainly haw to, especially if I wet and dry sand the nicks scapes and scratches, haw do you get the satin finish Bach that theses spiders have.  Look forward to the magic tips you guys will have. Here are the pics of said spider. :)

rodriguez

Re: Profile spider resto!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 06:19 PM »
Might be wrong but I think those are just build marks that'll be hidden when built, so doesn't really need owt done to it.

Offline chubby

• BMX Nerd
  • Needs Pegs
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 06:20 PM »
I've wet n dried stuff out before then final polish with the usual metal polishes.  The shiny finish you're left with can be dulled down with an ultra fine scotchbrite pad (used in paintshops) . Need to rub lightly & evenly for best results so may take a couple of try's  :daumenhoch:
Also go carefully by the lettering it.......
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 06:22 PM by chubby »
WANTED : 1" freestyle forks, uglier the better

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 06:49 AM »
I know sometimes pics can deceive but just looking from my iphone & I would agree with Rodriguez .

Offline sweetg

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 03:37 PM »
cheers fellas  :D going to get crank arms back from chromers build up loose and see if any of the marks show and take it from there, with wet and dry then 0000 wool for satin finish, but only if needed.

Thanks all........... ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Profile spider resto!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx