gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 08:37 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  First attempt at wheel building.....help as I go.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: First attempt at wheel building.....help as I go.  (Read 1703 times)

Offline EDBANGER

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: First attempt at wheel building.....help as I go.
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2014, 07:38 PM »
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, that sounds long.  Too late on the anti seize compound and I'm damned if I'm taking them all off to add it  :LolLolLolLol:

I've got to a point now where some of the spokes were tight and some still had some slack.  I've just tightened the slack ones and now the wheel is totally straight.

Of course I'm lying about that last bit.  It wobbles like the bottom lip of an infant that's just witnessed the beheading of it's favourite cuddley toy.  I'm gonna wait until I have my truing tool now and hope that it will all magically become apparent and easy.

Offline snoopy72

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2014, 07:48 PM »
Un screw each nipple one at a time with a drill driver and add a bit of anti seize or it may make the treads grab especially if you have to adjust it a hundred times like i did, the rim I used was made in a cheap and cheerful factory somewhere in Asia and was a complete tw#t to get right, infact i did it over a space of 3 days, after the first 5 hours I started again from scratch :2funny:
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 07:50 PM by snoopy72 »

Offline snoopy72

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2014, 07:54 PM »
Where it wobbles at it lowest point, mark it, go to the opposite side and loosen 4 spokes half a turn then go to the original low spot you marked and tighten them 4 spokes half a turn.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  First attempt at wheel building.....help as I go.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx